I am surprised no one has proposed the CT-155.

So, here is my contribution.

S6301217.jpg

I packed the tiny kit for our annual Chinese New Year get away. Thought it was a nice little kit to do a quick OOB after the kids have gone to bed. After researching other people's builds online (I don't own any Hawk reference in my defence), things quickly took a turn towards OTT...

S6301600-1.jpg

This is what I did to the cockpit with "research" based largely on Neomega's Resin 1/48 pit. More time was spent online than gluing a few stretched sprue!

S6301602.jpg

I also butchered (rather badly... more about the salvage job later) the wing flaps and main undercarriage wells with a pen knife.

Giles

Good luck with it! I have a few pics that may be helpful if you send me your e-mail address by PM... and I also know a guy who might have even more refs (but I haven't asked him if he minds, so I won't offer his help yet...).

ALF

@AX365, Italeri kit with Cutting Edge decals for RCAF/NATO joint training squadron.

@ ALF18, Thanks for the offer. PM sent.

No photos for today, but I have "more or less" repaired the undercarriage wells I have butchered earlier.

To complicate things, I thought of scratching my own seamless intakes so that I could leave the FOD off...

So much for OOB.

I will post photos when have figured out how to us a new camera.

Giles

Some close up of the cockpit bits. They look rough, but should be OK after a clean up and proper paint job. I have not figured out how to do the IPs because Italeri's IPs do not resemble the real instrumentation on the Canadian Hawks.

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg

I have also deepened the nose undercarriage well. I am aiming for an approximate effect - not sure how much can be seen once the bird on its landing gears.

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

The main undercarriage wells I butchered earlier :bandhead2: have been "kinda" fixed... they still need a lot of finishing work. Don't you love puttying and sanding :blink: . I am not really that keen to get on with it...

I will work on something more interesting first... scratching seamless intakes...

Giles