Anybody got this book?

I scanned through it the last time I was at my LHS and it had some decent photos.....not bad for the cost (low $20's). The only issue I had with it was some of the info in their F-4 series of books wasn't accurate enough for widely available info. Made me a bit weary for this series although the photos and color layouts were decent. However, with as much as I just spent on some pre-ordered fishbeds I think I'll just go ahead and get this one: http://www.amazon.com/Mikoyan-MiG-21-Famou...1057&sr=1-6

Yeah, I want that one too, but I have a $20 gift card from Amazon :jaw-dropping: I've got the H&C Constellation book, and it's *God* awful from cover to cover. I've been very wary of their stuff ever since I was snookered into buying the Connie book. But since the gift card essentially makes it "free" (to me), I might go ahead and get it. Amazon's price is less than $20.

Tks!

Got the book today. Let's just say, I'm glad I paid for it with a freebie gift card. If I'd shelled out my own money, I'd have been disappointed. The art work is reminiscent of Caruana - very pretty, nicely done artistically speaking, but not so much on the accuracy side. Many of the national insignias are not correctly proportioned or drawn, and without photos to back them up, I'd say all of these very nicely rendered profiles (all of which have the gear down - very odd) are highly suspect. One other thing I noticed last night (more points off...) - the artist seems to have had about three sets of letters & numbers that he used for every profile, whether they were accurate or not. One of them was modern RAF/RN style lettering. I'm sure that some MiG-21 somewhere might have used that style, but I'm 100% sure the North Vietnamese AF didn't. Poor attention to detail, and taking the easy way out when doing computer profiles.

I'm afraid this one gets a thumbs down.

J

Edited by Jennings