What do You do to bring in the $$

If this topic has been done, my appoligies. I am fairly new to the forums so I don't know all as well as others. So I thought I'd like to say and learn where peeps got their $ for hobbies etc. Can I go 1st? Hmm no objections. Well my primary MOS is I manufacture Speedway Cablewrap and also ebay a bit. I know what the putz is cablewrap. Well it looks like this and goes on motorcycle and bike cables. Hey it's something.

d1626c14c1758601a6ad9f77e4278ccf7c1ea4b5.JPG

2ea3695b4059726b61c4a0b4d19f700e8a4e9b2d.jpg

fitter and machinist. work on underground diesel front bucket loaders and rebuild, refurbish and strip when necesary. some machining, thats more of a hobby now for my bikes to keep em running. might have to catch up with you.... those cable wraps look pretty awesome!!!! only ever used to put on the black and clear ones on low loader semi trailer trailers....

I'm good with that terminology. Years ago (early 70's) when asked what I do for a living by the ladies, I'd reply that I use to be a professional Marine and Army Boxer. That was so much better than saying I worked at a pallet company building ammunition crates.

Hi, I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help. Remember our motto we're not happy till you're not happy.

Aero engineer working airframe reliability issues and Safety Managment Systems reporting for the FAA's fleet of flight inspection aircraft. We're the folks that make the ILS actually hit the center of the runway.

Edited by majortomski

support worker for learning difficulties folk and head injuries , very rewarding job although 50% is paperwork

it has it's up sides like going on holidays , swimming , and to the pub whilst being paid !

but also it's challenging side like i have had to hold someones airway open twice in as many weeks till the ambulance arrived

and i have only been there 3 weeks

it is a new challenge as i was previously working in engineering ( aerospace heat treatment ) for rolls royce , eurofighter etc

but left and had to do something new as i suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome

although i also still do some engineering at my friends company that we both set up ( i helped in inital designs and research )

it is now international ( and still expanding in volume ) and i do a few hours each saturday that pays my weekly shopping bill and some beer money ..

Edited by tornado64
Hi, I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help. Remember our motto we're not happy till you're not happy.

Aero engineer working airframe reliability issues and Safety Managment Systems reporting for the FAA's fleet of flight inspection aircraft. We're the folks that make the ILS actually hit the center of the runway.

Me Too! But I'm one of those dudes in the ATO, no, not a controller, long range radar tech. Actually, we call ourselves curators. Why? Cuz the radar we maintain is 1945 technology installed in 1956. Full of tubes, man! So, our radar is a museum piece, and that makes us curators! LOL! Someday, my compadres and I, will have two jobs. Our FAA job and Smithsonian Institute currators. Can you say double dip! LOL!

By day, i'm another Aircraft Mechanical Engineer. 2 exams away from being licenced.

But by night i'm an Alcoholic beverage consumption consultant (I work in a bottle shop) :lol:

Denzil

By day, i'm another Aircraft Mechanical Engineer. 2 exams away from being licenced.

But by night i'm an Alcoholic beverage consumption consultant (I work in a bottle shop) :D

Denzil

Bottle shop, that reminds of this far fetched I told a guy back a few years ago. He asked what I planned on doing when Maytag closed up ( me = 21+ years). I told him I was going to buy a plastics dehydrater and make ships in bottles. I went into this long storie of how you build the ships, dehydrate them, put in bottle and rehydrate so they go back to normal. Sucked it up til' Tony finally told him he was an idiot.

:rofl: