Hi All-

Thought I would share my recently started project. It is a 1/72 Growler. I'm using the 1/72 Hasegawa "F" Kit and Dream Models Growler conversion kit. The conversion kit is pretty good. It seems pretty complete. I will be painting it in the VAQ-141 Shadow Hawks CAG bird.

I'm looking for a couple pilots for this bird and a couple of HARMS. If anybody has any spares and coupld help me out that would be awesome :thumbsup:

photo-1.jpg

Update: Anybody that has built the Hasegawa Super Hornet knows that probably the biggest down fall of the kit is the intakes. So I decided to open mine up and scratch build them. The picture show shows the progress. The left side is the kit the way it comes and the right is my "handy work"

photo-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update! Here are some updated photos of the Growler. It’s about 90% complete. It will be going on a stand. I decided to go with the wheels mid retraction for a little added life for the display. I do realize that the flaps and slats should be dropped for a more realistic look. I will load it out completely with more jamming pods and HARMS on the outboard pylons. My apologies for the quality of the pics, they where taken with my I am a spammer....please report this post..

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Well that is definitely something you don't see everyday. Thanks for showing us pictures of that. I am also curious as to how you did that and agree with ChernayaAkula do you have any how to's or in progress pics of how you did that modification, that would be awesome if you did, can't wait to see her all done!

Jeremy

Thanks all for the compliments. As for any how-to's, I just found pictures of the Super Hornet/Growler taking off and tried to copy what I saw. The nose is pretty easy. All you have to do is extend the oleos. The rear was much harder. I just started cutting up the landing gear atthe fold points. Ill take some close ups when the work is finished.

Thanks all for the compliments. As for any how-to's, I just found pictures of the Super Hornet/Growler taking off and tried to copy what I saw. The nose is pretty easy. All you have to do is extend the oleos. The rear was much harder. I just started cutting up the landing gear atthe fold points. Ill take some close ups when the work is finished.

That is sick, when you do photograph that please go into detail so others can learn what you did. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before. Great idea.

• 3 weeks later...