I second "Masters" barrels - they aren't cheap, but you definitely get your monies worth. These are the only barrels that I'll be using for my build, and it's because you can have the barrels seperate from the cooling jacket. If you want to have just the barrels, either quickboost (They are fairly good barrels indeed, you definitely get your bang for your buck).

I would also suggest the Masters barrels. They are hands above the kit barrels. I ordered enough to do two B-17Fs, one in 1/48 and one in 1/72. But they are hard to find right now apparently and I had to order mine from White Ensign in England. Good people to do business with though. Order with confidence.

Those barrels are really sweet look'n but I just cant see spending that kind of money on gun barrels alone. The quickboost set of barrels are good enough for me, hell, I've been using the kit barrels for so long and those are just fine.

The Quickboost are nice replacements in 1/72, dry brush and wash and they will look quite nice. I have a set (well actually two sets) of the MasterModel .50 cal barrels and will probably save them for that 'special' build, whatever or whenever it occurs.

One of the things I like about the new Revell AG B-17G is having the gun barrels as separate parts that can be added after all painting and stuff is done. From what I remember looking at the kit last week, only the upper turret guns have the barrels molded as part of the gun, but since the logical fix for the too tall turret makes it a drop in fit, the guns w/barrels aren't any problem.

One of the things I like about the new Revell AG B-17G is having the gun barrels as separate parts that can be added after all painting and stuff is done. From what I remember looking at the kit last week, only the upper turret guns have the barrels molded as part of the gun, but since the logical fix for the too tall turret makes it a drop in fit, the guns w/barrels aren't any problem.

A god send. I'll be doing that will all my barrels as well. I hate breaking things like that off in the assembly process.

YES! Shoot! I KNOW my LHS has one set in there, they're closed tomorrow and Monday, but I'll go in on Tuesday and find out who they are and fire you a message (post it here) if I - or anyone else - doesn't get it up before that. 2 to a pack IIRC