F-14A TOMCAT, VF-84 Jolly Rogers

Great job- as usual- Manuel. If anybody knows how to throw a Tomcat together properly, it's you!

Question: Just how many Tomcats have you built to date and, if you have a pic, which is your favorite?

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3
  • 1 year later...

Wow Manuel, I sure missed this one. I was following your Tamiya build and that was awesome work, but now this, with a better kit, is becoming better then before. Keep up the good work my friend cause we're all enjoying your cool work.

Mike

One of my favorite fighters in one of my favorite schemes. Nice work!

I had never seen anybody use twisted black and yellow thread to simulate ejector seat handles-very convincing!

Looking forward to seeing your progress, Keep up the good work!

Marc

I see your ejection seat handles there with the twisted thread, nice.

How do u keep it from unraveling?

One more question: how do you like the Trumpeter kit compared to the Tamiya kit?

I see your ejection seat handles there with the twisted thread, nice.

How do u keep it from unraveling?

One more question: how do you like the Trumpeter kit compared to the Tamiya kit?

Hello toadwbg

You have to glue them with water glue, not so much, the necessary to avoid the unraveling, when it dry´s you can do everything...

And I Thing Tamiya is a better TOMCAT in Shape, Trumpeter have a lot of mistakes and overdetails.

tomthegrom, I made the red parts with stretched sprue, and paint... easy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...