Revell 1/144 747-400 BA

That's impressive work. Now I'm more inclined to do the same with my B744.

What sort of primer are you using? I tend to use general purpose gray primer or Mr. Surfacer on my projects.

Its just a cheap spray can gray primer---it's quite good as it very fine--from 'Super cheap'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The A/C is all but finished, but after a test fit of the RR engines it showed that they point upwards to much, this has been caused by dropping the rear of the wing down, to fix this the pylons were cut in half and a new rake made, I also raised the engine at the same time about 1-1/2mm to give a bit more needed ground clearance, once there painted and installed its all done :D

sany0818.jpg

sany08381.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress on this?

I have a B744 "on hold" which will be built based on the tips coming from this thread!

It's been a great job so far! Keep us updated, please!

Kind regards

Eduardo

Probably my last post here as this entire issue of perfection is getting to me. Doesn't anyone build model airplanes anymore just for the relaxation and enjoyment?

Frank, did it come to your mind that this was Dunelimo's way of enjoying hobby modelling ? Ask 20 modellers from this forum, you might likely get 20 different answers about "how to enjoy hobby modelling", and that's GOOD since it's about what people like to do, not about what they should do.

Does every thing have to be so perfect. Wake up and smell the glue people. There is no such thing as the perfect model.

I didn't read he was after the perfect model. I guess he thinks the Revell 747-400 needs heavy rework to be considered acceptable to his eyes, I'm the same kind of modeller (though I've never posted pics of my work) and I enjoy much these topics about heavy modifications.

Going back to my work shop and finish building my not perfect Airfix 747 in NW colors.

Frank

ATL

So I assume you're perfectly happy with your not perfect Airfix 747 kit ? Well that's GREAT because, again, it's all about what people like to do, and I don't think you'll ever see the following answer from members of this forum to your Airfix 747 topic if you ever opened one : "Probably my last post here as this entire issue of building kit OOB without any modification is getting to me."... no, I dont't think you'll ever read this.

Frank, best regards and have a wonderful week end :thumbsup:, Steven

Edited by PMG Offramp

The A/C is all but finished,

Dunelimo, that's all splendid work ! Your modifications really improve the look of the Revell kit. And I find your way of improving (with the pin) the nose contours very smart indeed. I don't know if I'll be brave enough to tackle this kit. CONGRATULATIONS !

Cheers, Steven

Edited by PMG Offramp

Dunelimo

I am speechless. Stunning work on somethings I would not even begin to attempt. But I absolutely salute your work and you sharing the progress. My modeling has improved 1000 percent since I've gotten involved in these message boards by seeing what others do or have learned along the way. I can do a lot more now than when I got back into the hobby 10 years ago and hope to get better each model I build. That's really what these message boards are all about.

Devan

• 2 weeks later...

Well at long last it's done, I tacked the engines on the wings and found I had to readjust a couple, then I got held up with some decals, hope you enjoy the pic's

Thanks for the kind words during its progress, it's only what I have seen others have done on this forum with there build's, I modded my build for the same---not to scale or perfect but more realistic to the actual aircraft, there's a couple of more 747-400 builds I will be doing later, this one was a learning curve :-)

sany0905s.jpg

sany0909s.jpg

sany0910s.jpg

sany0922s.jpg

sany0906s.jpg

sany0918s.jpg

sany0921s.jpg

Edited by Dunelimo
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old post, but i have a question.

As most of us know, when you build the Revell 747-400 you have to drop the trailing edge of the wings 6mm. But what i'm wondering now is how does this affect the landing gear. 2 of the main landiggear are fitted to the wing. seeing as those are dropped 6mm, don't the struts of those gears become to long?

BTW, very nice build. Trully epic.