Royal Navy 1/48 Phantom FG1 Hasegawa

Dear guys

At last i finished this long but very interesnting project. I would like to tell that i decide to make an RN FG1 Phantom from an FGR2 RAF kit, i made some modifications like the refuelling probe made from scratch, wings folded, resin copies of the "FG1's Style" (slotted) stabilizators. About this Hasegawa kit, i have to tell that its a very nice kit, some minor problems at the intakes but nothing serious. Paints was Vallejo Model Color (i do not use model air range) thinned with water, Model Alliance (great) + Almark (not recomended) + Kit Decals. For the weapons i decided to use the kit's Sparrows/Sky Flash missiles and for the Sidewinders i buyed the Hasegawa Weapons C set. Also i included the rear ladder from Flightpath.

I hope you like this Job, all critiques are welcomed as always.

Regards

PH1-1.jpg

PH2-1.jpg

PH5-1.jpg

PH6-1.jpg

PH8-1.jpg

PH9-1.jpg

PH10-1.jpg

PH12-1.jpg

PH18-1.jpg

Nice, I have always thought his was one of the classier F-4 schemes B).

I'm intrigued by the all over EDSG fuel tanks though. I always thought in my distinctly non-expertise they were white, or white with grey topsides.

Edited by Mumbles

Dear guys

At last i finished this long but very interesnting project. I would like to tell that i decide to make an RN FG1 Phantom from an FGR2 RAF kit, i made some modifications like the refuelling probe made from scratch, wings folded, resin copies of the "FG1's Style" (slotted) stabilizators. About this Hasegawa kit, i have to tell that its a very nice kit, some minor problems at the intakes but nothing serious. Paints was Vallejo Model Color (i do not use model air range) thinned with water, Model Alliance (great) + Almark (not recomended) + Kit Decals. For the weapons i decided to use the kit's Sparrows/Sky Flash missiles and for the Sidewinders i buyed the Hasegawa Weapons C set. Also i included the rear ladder from Flightpath.

I hope you like this Job, all critiques are welcomed as always.

Regards

Awesome!! Very beautiful! Got one in the stash.