Hong Kong Post delays

Hello all,

Last week I got a couple of items from Luckymodel. They have been regularly shipped on 7 Feb and as usual the tracking code has been provided.

Generally, all the purchases I made could be tracked 1-2 days afterwards.

This time almost 1 week has passed and I cannot track my package yet, neither on the HK Post website nor on the Italian Post one, meaning that it still has to arrive in my country.

I expect this to depend on an ordinary mail delay, maybe HK mail has too many items to post, or LM may have prepared the package, applied the code on it and stocked it alongside with others yet to be sent, but the postman still has to pick the mail up... I'm not yet worried, but is anybody experiencing the same issue?

Hello all,

Last week I got a couple of items from Luckymodel. They have been regularly shipped on 7 Feb and as usual the tracking code has been provided.

Generally, all the purchases I made could be tracked 1-2 days afterwards.

This time almost 1 week has passed and I cannot track my package yet, neither on the HK Post website nor on the Italian Post one, meaning that it still has to arrive in my country.

I expect this to depend on an ordinary mail delay, maybe HK mail has too many items to post, or LM may have prepared the package, applied the code on it and stocked it alongside with others yet to be sent, but the postman still has to pick the mail up... I'm not yet worried, but is anybody experiencing the same issue?

I ordered a shipment 22 January and I have yet to receive it.

Gonzalo

Did you have a tracking number? I ordered a Trumpy MiG-23 from Eric YY and it took both him and Hong Kong Post a little extra time to process it, which I attributed to the Chinese New Year. No biggie. I checked the tracking number again this morning and see that it has left Hong Kong.

Thanks for the answers!

Yes, I do have a tracking code, but the item has not been coded yet. I'll try tomorrow and let you know!

We got the message from postal agent that due to snowing in US and EU, large delay extended in the local postal operation. Thus, unexpected delay occur.

Also for Australia customer, the previous flooding prevent some postal hub to transit the packet even those destination is not the flood area.

Therefore, if you have any question, please feel free to contact our CS to resolve the matter for you. And I am sorry for the delay.

We got the message from postal agent that due to snowing in US and EU, large delay extended in the local postal operation. Thus, unexpected delay occur.

Also for Australia customer, the previous flooding prevent some postal hub to transit the packet even those destination is not the flood area.

Therefore, if you have any question, please feel free to contact our CS to resolve the matter for you. And I am sorry for the delay.

Thanks for answering Raymond!

You don't need to apologize, it's not your fault, nobody can control the weather! B)

Same here: I have received a tracking number from Lucky Models, but HK Post tracking post does not return any results when I try to look it up here.

I have the same problem. Ordered HB Rafale on 28'th of January, still nothing...

Are you sure that your package isn't sitting in the hold of a ship off the coast of Somalia?
The pirates have been targeting mostly oil tankers.

Your kits are probably safe, but the next time you go to gas up your car it may hurt your wallet a bit more.

Hello everyone,

I guess I'm not the only one who has not received a shipment from Lucky model. Mine should have been here NLT. 3 February . Here we are two weeks latter and the only response I got thus far is that it might be held up at customs. Darn it's only a mask set from Eduards. I am not feeling so lucky !at this moment. Nothing can be done before 3 March ? ? ?

Cheers, Christian

Hello everyone,

I guess I'm not the only one who has not received a shipment from Lucky model. Mine should have been here NLT. 3 February . Here we are two weeks latter and the only response I got thus far is that it might be held up at customs. Darn it's only a mask set from Eduards. I am not feeling so lucky !at this moment. Nothing can be done before 3 March ? ? ?

Cheers, Christian

Mine is a Tamiya 1/72 Razorback plus a metal Pitot tube for the F-16... fingers crossed! :)

If you received your Lucky Model order recently, can you please tell us when you were able to start tracking the shipment on the HK Post tracking site? Are HK Post tracking numbers completely useless as they seem to be? What's the point of getting a tracking number if the tracking number I received on Feb 7 STILL does not work at the tracking Web site??

If you received your Lucky Model order recently, can you please tell us when you were able to start tracking the shipment on the HK Post tracking site? Are HK Post tracking numbers completely useless as they seem to be? What's the point of getting a tracking number if the tracking number I received on Feb 7 STILL does not work at the tracking Web site??

Well, I don't think they are useless: all the purchases I made i the past could be tracked within a couple of days from the shipment using the code provided until departure from HK, and above all I could track the orders with the Italian Post website, which followed any passage of the shipment in my country.

It took a bit more days to track only with a purchase I made in November, but it eventually left HK in one week.

I got something off Ebay at the end of last month, the last time it was scanned was Jan 23rd leaving HK...it wasn't scanned again till 13th of this month in NY (I live in NJ) and it still hasn't been to the Post Office yet (and the weather has been fine here)

Another item I got from HK at the same time (smaller package) showed up 2 weeks ago!

So yes the mail from HK is been jacked up.

I got something off Ebay at the end of last month, the last time it was scanned was Jan 23rd leaving HK...it wasn't scanned again till 13th of this month in NY (I live in NJ) and it still hasn't been to the Post Office yet (and the weather has been fine here)

Another item I got from HK at the same time (smaller package) showed up 2 weeks ago!

So yes the mail from HK is been jacked up.

I just hope I won't have to pay some bloody custom tax when the package arrives!