Hong Kong Post delays

This announcement came out before Christmas from HK Ebay, my guess is that this is still the reason for the delay.

Dear Sellers,

As advised by Hongkong Post, due to increased shipping activities, service delay is to be expected.

This problem became more acute two weeks ago causing delay to outbound mails to Brazil, Russia and a number of destinations in the United States and Europe by one to two weeks over normal delivery standards.

The delay was related to insufficient cargo space and Hong Kong Post has been working closely with carriers to obtain additional space including chartered flights as well as looking for other alternatives.

Hongkong Post counter staff will inform customers who tender postings to affected countries about the possible delay. As for the situation on posting volume and availability of cargo space develops, notice will be put up in the post offices informing customers about the changing situation.

The Hongkong Post anticipates that the situation will be alleviated in about two to three weeks’ time. In view of the close proximity to Christmas, it is possible that Christmas mails will be affected and customers are encouraged to arrange early posting of their Christmas mail to ensure that the airmail items are delivered before Christmas. Please refer to “Last dates to post Christmas airmail 2009†for the last dates of posting for this year's Christmas airmail.

Sincerely,

eBay Hong Kong

We got the message from postal agent that due to snowing in US and EU, large delay extended in the local postal operation. Thus, unexpected delay occur.

Also for Australia customer, the previous flooding prevent some postal hub to transit the packet even those destination is not the flood area.

Therefore, if you have any question, please feel free to contact our CS to resolve the matter for you. And I am sorry for the delay.

Hope you guys finish up celebration soon !!! But Happy New Years !!! I'm a first time customer and just spoke with credit card company which put through charges and paid to you but all I see on my account order site is "In Progress" and there is a lot more I want to order( especially new Tracker ). Put in Feb 9.

Want this to work really well....

Thanks,

George

Stuff from LM seems to be taking a lot longer in 2011, and the bigger the package, the longer the delay. I had a small package sent out on 1/14, and a larger package sent out on 1/15. The first took about 10 days to arrive. It was another 10 days for the second package, which was shipped out only one day later. Right now, I'm still waiting for a two-package order sent out on 1/31.

That's good to know :), I am still waiting for 2 cements, from 2/2/2011. I hope they will arive soon, otherwise, I am not sure I am going to order stuff from LM anymore :) :P

Everything else I ordered came for 6 or 7 bussines days.

I am from Serbia.

That's good to know :), I am still waiting for 2 cements, from 2/2/2011. I hope they will arive soon, otherwise, I am not sure I am going to order stuff from LM anymore :) :P

Everything else I ordered came for 6 or 7 bussines days.

I am from Serbia.

Guys, I don't think the problem is related to LM, but on Hong Kong Post.

I don't want to defend anybody, but check the link some posts above.

I think is all depends on the fact that prices are lower in HK, so people orders from the webstores and HK Post has more packages stocked and waiting to be shipped.

After all, we all payed for our orders and the packages are also registered, so they MUST arrive!

AFAIK, the Italian Post are COMPELLED to deliver registered mail so also HK has to!

I completely believe you ,but I just have some hesitations about both buying online, getting packages, and as a last stance, our customs and post. I agree it's not LM's problem, but it would be easier for me to buy from some European shop, then the arriving should be quicker.

About the custom and post ****, hmm, that's a problem. And I don't have tracking number, since I don't want to pay more for little things.

Anyway, Minicraft sent me package 3 months ago, and I still haven't received it, and probably never will. :)

Anyway 2, I guess you're right, and I am a bit too impatient, let's see how things go.

I completely believe you ,but I just have some hesitations about both buying online, getting packages, and as a last stance, our customs and post. I agree it's not LM's problem, but it would be easier for me to buy from some European shop, then the arriving should be quicker.

About the custom and post ****, hmm, that's a problem. And I don't have tracking number, since I don't want to pay more for little things.

Anyway, Minicraft sent me package 3 months ago, and I still haven't received it, and probably never will. :banana:

Anyway 2, I guess you're right, and I am a bit too impatient, let's see how things go.

Well, I can understand, also when I started buying online I was hesitating, but in the end I got used to it!

Believe me, I prefer being a little more patient and wait some time for the items to arrive instead of getting them at the shop, where they are sold at a higher price: for example a cople of years ago I could choose between buying Tamiya's F-16C Block 25/32 at €55 at my favourite shop and have it in my hands at once, or getting it online at €35 postage included... what would you do? I preferred waiting for a month for the package to arrive (Christmas period) and saved almost half the price!

BTW, good news: my package is finally "being processed for delivery to the addressee"!

It took longer than usual... we'll see when it leaves!

I don't have a problem with the wait. My main problem is with HK Post tracking. It's been 10 days since Lucky Model gave me a tracking number, and it STILL does not show up at the HK Post Web site. Can anyone who can track something at the HK Post Web site look up the following: RB255634825HK. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Still waiting for a shipment that left HK on 01/28 according to HK post tracking.

Thomas

Interesting. I placed my ordered then. Checked regularly the code, and i gave up some days ago. Checked again just now, it says that it left 13'th. Checked on the Norwegian post office site, and it says package left 12'th, and arrived yesterday. ;)

PS: KursadA, it say the package was left today. (17'th) So check American post office site now i guess.

Thank you for those nice words for encouraging me. And that moment while you are waiting and unpacking package has its charm also ;)

We shall see what happens.

You're welcome!

Another thing that might be encouraging: just keep in mind that Serbia is not directly connected to Hong Kong, so your package will definitely stop in some big European cargo hub (Frankfurt or Vienna) before being finally shipped to you! It would be nice to see which flights transport our packages, isnt' it?

Good luck!

PS: KursadA, it say the package was left today. (17'th) So check American post office site now i guess.

So Lucky Models emails me and tells me that my package was shipped on Feb 7; and it leaves Hong Kong on Feb 17, a full TEN DAYS LATER???? Great. Thankfully USPS is far more competent and should be able to get the package to me in a couple days, now that it is in the US.

Edited by KursadA
So Lucky Models emails me and tells me that my package was shipped on Feb 7; and it leaves Hong Kong on Feb 17, a full TEN DAYS LATER???? Great. Thankfully USPS is far more competent and should be able to get the package to me in a couple days, now that it is in the US.

Well, hey, i got that email 28'th january and it was actually sent 12'th/13'th.:woot.gif:

Should've used a courier if speed is more important to you.

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from LuckyModel over the last several years and usually received my stuff in 6 to 10 business days (I live in New Jersey). My most recent order, placed on 1/21, is the first time I've ever had a problem. After waiting 3 weeks I contacted LM and they wrote me back saying the package was probably tied up in some sort of customs backlog and that I should be prepared to wait between 4 & 6 weeks. While I still don't have my package my postman left a notice in my mailbox this past Saturday saying I could pick up my package tomorrow at the post office. I've never used the tracking service from LM but at least I know my package is finally here!!

Well, I've just received notice from LM that one of my orders is heading my way. Let's see how long it actually takes to make it in. Got another order I placed even earlier but no notification on that one yet. Will report when they make it in....

Rob

I got one of three so far. Still waiting on the other two. I am glad to see I am not the only one having problems. Misery loves company. I have never had a problem with LM. They have been great. I am sure this is for a short time. At least I hope this is a one time event.

I have a number of things from Asia that I bought through Ebay. They are all taking longer than usual. A few are just showing up on tracking and just now getting into the country. A few others are not showing up with tracking yet. One small decal sheet zipped right through (relatively) in about a week and a half. It's not just Lucky Model.

Anyone experiencing issues with parcels from Japan? I have an Ebay order that was shipped SAL in mid January, but has not made it to me yet. Strange thing - I've had other (smaller) items arrive in 2 weeks from there.

Also experiencing some issues with a package from Colorado...

Worst thing is - I've emailed the parties involved, but have not heard back from either of them.

Dear ARCers,

We just got an updated status from postal agent, Hong Kong Post is implementing a new security control on postal package to tighten some security threat. Thus, a lot of backlog of mail package has been stuck inside the terminal. Thus, the delivery time will change from 7-11 days to 2-3 weeks using AIRMAIL. Especially for US customer, the more tight security check will lead to longer delay.

For Europe customers (except Italy), we are using different routing, so the impact on the delivery is lesser. We are trying our best to work with our postal agent to ensure the up and coming package go through different postal network.