1/48th Kinetic EA-6B Prowler VAQ-209 Dark Knights.

Well everyone I think that this might actually be the first time that this has ever happened to me. I don't have anything picture worthy to show you today. I did some work here and there last night but nothing that I feel good enough with photographing because well, I suck at taking pics. Well off to work I go, see you all later, hope to have some pictures up soon, thanks!

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, it's amazing how time can get away from ya. I am sorry about the delay of an update, been pretty busy. I don't really have much to show, but I will at least show you something. Be gentle!

There are some panel line rivet detail issues. Whether they be non-existing or very very faint that you can barely see them. I figured I would just go ahead and re-scribe and re-rivet the entire fuselage and wings. What a P.I.T.A. but I know that when it is done it will be well worth it.

DSCN0166.jpg

As you can see, well hopefully anyway the lines don't go all the way to the edge and the rivets are missing. :D

DSCN0174-1.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

In the last 3 pics you can see that I have started to re-scribe and the lines look pretty clean and uniform. Well that's my perception anyway, hope you agree.

DSCN0165.jpg

Here you can see some sort of vent, not sure what for. The original is closed off and I have seen from other models and from the ones that I have built that by taking a little extra time you can clean them out and make them look like they are supposed to. Here is the finished product along with another vent, maybe an oil cooler, engine vent, hell maybe even an APU exhaust, sorry guys don't know.

DSCN0172.jpg

Here is that vent opened up and looking good.

DSCN0171.jpg

Oil cooler, engine vent, APU exhaust?? One of those I bet.

The one thing that I don't like about this kit and that is the cheap way out with the intakes. Intakes are some of the more challenging and most fun parts of a build. Unfortunately I am going to have to go with a soft intake cover of some sorts. Good thing I didn't want to have this one sitting on the Cat ready for launch. Yes, I do see the seems inside but because there will be an intake cover not going to waste my sandpaper on cleaning that up!

DSCN0177.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry for making you guys wait so long for an update. As always comments wanted and welcomed!

Jeremy

Edited by JMan
Great scribing job on the Prowler!!! If there are any flaws, I don't see them! :thumbsup: What do you use for scribing?

Hey how is the weather in Wisconsin? I just moved from there, I lived in Appleton. To answer your question I just use a Pin Vise with a very pointy needle as you can see in the pictures I am showing you.

DSCN0181-1.jpg

DSCN0180-1.jpg

This is the first draft of the Bangseats. They aren't done yet. I still need to fade the seats and add weathering to the metal and head rest parts. Hope you like it and I promise you they will look better when I show them ready for installing,

DSCN0178-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you like. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and wanted.

Jeremy

Hmmmmm, I thought I would have gotten one comment, but I didn't get any. Oh well, you win some you lose some........LOL! Well I have some more pics and this is of the cockpit tub and more of the bangseats. Hope you all like!

Here are three pics of the seats.

DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

Here are three pics of the cockpit tub.

DSCN0187.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0183.jpg

Hope you all like them, and please any comments are welcome and wanted! Thanks for looking!

Jeremy

+1 on this. I didn't know these Kinetic Prowlers look this good!

Rob

Hey Rob its just me making it look this good. LMAO!!!!! Kidding it is a great kit, I love it!!!!!!

Jeremy

OK everyone, are you ready for a really big update? I hope you are because you are all in for a treat. I have to warn you now that this is all hand painted. I have an airbrush but due to economic reasons I had to pawn my airbrush and compressor. The good news is that I have a new job that I have already started and will be working 60 hour weeks so I will be able to get my compressor and airbrush back very soon. I have completely finished the cockpit. The bangseats aren't finished but the tub and IP's are completed. I am going to take you on a journey through my building, painting, glueing, moving, re-moving, and final placement of all parts. Hope you all like it!

Going to start with the IP panels. These proved harder than I thought. The reason I say that is because they came with PE and it didn't want to fit right. Of course I didn't realize that until they were all ready painted. Note to self, dry fit before painting. Well here are a couple of pre PE shots of the IP's.

DSCN0193.jpg

DSCN0194.jpg

Now here is a shot of the IP's with the PE painted and the piece of film for dials, before installing them.

DSCN0197.jpg

Now here is a shot of the IP's before buttons and switches are painted.

DSCN0200.jpg

Here are some shots of the IP's painted up and ready to go for installation.

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

Now comes the tub. This was a little more difficult that I thought getting the colors right. I couldn't find any real good shots of the rear section behind the rear ejection seats. To quash any questions regarding this, yes I did look at the walk-around pics on ARC, couldn't find anything definitive. I did the best I could, and plus I wanted to add a little flavor-flav to my build, hope you like. Here are a few photos of the tub.

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

Not done yet still have a few more hope you can look at the next post.

Jeremy

Ok here we go with part 2. This is the front IP coaming I figured I would make it pretty faded since these are pretty old birds.

DSCN0224.jpg

Here is a shot of the rear and front coamings in place.

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

Here is a shot of both of them so you can see what it looks like together.

DSCN0226.jpg

Ok this wasn't a large update but with the pages only allowing 10 photos per update, I had to get these last 4 photos in. Thanks for looking, and please comments wanted and welcomed!

Jeremy

OK, everyone here she is, hope you like! I use Picasa for my photo shopping and didn't see that they had the ability to put on text and so I thought that I would try it. Here goes nothing:

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

Hope you like and as always comments welcomed and WANTED!!!!

Jeremy

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words of encouragement. The color of the cockpit tub is MM Acrylic Dark Ghost Grey. Once it had dried I then went back and put on a wash of MM enamel Gun Metal. I then used enamel thinner with cotton swaps to remove the access and also to kind of work the paint into the acrylic flat so that it maintains that dirty look throughout and not just in the corners and creases.

Jeremy

P.S. I must be losing my touch because nobody is replying. Is it that bad guys? Be honest!

P.S. I must be losing my touch because nobody is replying. Is it that bad guys? Be honest!

No no its looks great

Although every time i see a wip for the EA-6 but the cockpit layout makes me think of a mini van :)

Keep up the good work

No no its looks great

Although every time i see a wip for the EA-6 but the cockpit layout makes me think of a mini van :D

Keep up the good work

Thanks Neo, appreciate the kind word. Update coming up in a few minutes.

Jeremy

No no its looks great

Although every time i see a wip for the EA-6 but the cockpit layout makes me think of a mini van ;)

Keep up the good work

Man if the interior of my minivan looked like that, I'd never get out of it!!! ;)

Man if the interior of my minivan looked like that, I'd never get out of it!!! :angry:

I just wish I had a mini-van......LOL! Yeah it would be cool to have a van with an interior like the Prowler. I would be the SHIZZLE at my kids school!

Jeremy