1/48th Kinetic EA-6B Prowler VAQ-209 Dark Knights.

J, that looks like crap! I am going to send you a fresh one to start all over, and you can send me that one in return! I hope you will learn a lesson from this!!

(Alabama for: I havent got mine done, so I will take yours since it looks professional and I will just screw mine up.)

I mean this should be censored...horrible work, now send me that cockpit...

(Alabama for: Please dont let the good folks on ARC suffer from looking at my WIP!)

-Jim

(Dont let this happen again. You will feel better for it in the morning...believe me. Now get that cockpit to Florida ASAP! We cannot waste anymore time, someone else might have seen it!!!)

(Alabama for: Save the human race, dont let me harm another Aires set!)

Ok everyone this is going to be a small update. This will pretty much just show pictures of the tailhook area. Nothing too big, but wanted to make you all aware that new stuff is happening on this WIP, and not just hearsay! Hope you like!

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0259-1.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0272-1.jpg

DSCN0276-1.jpg

DSCN0280-1.jpg

The only thing that I need to do on this portion before it is done is figure out a way to get nice open holes for the flare chutes. Anyone have any suggestions??

DSCN0258-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and as always comments welcome and wanted!

Jeremy

Edited by JMan
J, that looks like crap! I am going to send you a fresh one to start all over, and you can send me that one in return! I hope you will learn a lesson from this!!

(Alabama for: I havent got mine done, so I will take yours since it looks professional and I will just screw mine up.)

I mean this should be censored...horrible work, now send me that cockpit...

(Alabama for: Please dont let the good folks on ARC suffer from looking at my WIP!)

-Jim

(Dont let this happen again. You will feel better for it in the morning...believe me. Now get that cockpit to Florida ASAP! We cannot waste anymore time, someone else might have seen it!!!)

(Alabama for: Save the human race, dont let me harm another Aires set!)

LOL, that was funny, and I am willing to bet that your cockpits come out looking nicer than mine.

Jeremy

Jeremy your cockpit look fantastic! :taunt:

I can't wait to see this beauty finished ( and also a Crusader of my knowledge... :D )

Cheers,Gianni

Gianni my good buddy from Italy, how are you today? Thanks for stopping by, appreciate the kind words, and yes the Crusader is still on the table thanks to you. Since I lost so many pieces to the other kit I might just use the old one as a spares until everything glued and put together. Again, thanks for looking!

Jeremy

Damn, the tailhook is INCREDIBLE!!! Did the kit come with the hook and housing separate? The Revell kits have them molded as one and looks like crap! After seeing yours, I may just grind the hook out of the housing on my Intruder and Prowler, and scratch build one! Or better yet, just send you my kits for you to build for me!!! :explode: AWESOME AWESOME WORK!!!

Also as far as your lo-vis/hi-vis question goes, the v shaped part of the tailhook and the straight part are two separate pieces, The straight part of the hook gets changed out after a number of traps. So sometimes they get replaced with hooks painted black/white and others painted grey/dark grey.

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on the cockpit, Jeremy.

The Prowler looks a stunning jet to me, one of my favourites, so I´ll watch out to your proggres.

Cheers.

Juan

Hi JMan how are you ?

You are doing a great Job on this model !

Cheers Pierre

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words. Man its been almost 2 weeks since my last update. So sorry about the wait guys. I will try and have a pictured update sometime today or tomorrow, promise! Thanks again Juan and Pierre!

Jeremy

Great work on the Prowler, Jeremy. Looking forward to following this one. I just picked up the kit from Squadron (finally on sale) and will enjoy seeing your processes and tricks as the build progresses. Still trying to nail down a scheme for mine - probably Afghanistan for obvious reasons - Stew

Great work on the Prowler, Jeremy. Looking forward to following this one. I just picked up the kit from Squadron (finally on sale) and will enjoy seeing your processes and tricks as the build progresses. Still trying to nail down a scheme for mine - probably Afghanistan for obvious reasons - Stew

nice work ... :thumbsup:

Thanks Stew and Holmes. I appreciate the kind words. BTW, Stew are you back stateside??

Jeremy

Sorry that it takes a little while in between updates and posts. Just been really busy. I will let the text on the pictures do all the talking, and please comments welcomed and wanted. Hope you enjoy them!

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0294.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

Jeremy

Ugh on the NGW mess. As a general rule, washing the same base (oil/oil, acrylic/acrylic) results in mud mixing. What I've done to make it work in the past is put a coat of Future between the color and the wash, using lighter fluid to thin the wash.

Good luck cleaning it up!

• 4 weeks later...

OK, here is an update for you guys. It's not a big one but it's better than nothing right. I have starting working on the wings. Almost have the Steal Beach wing fences completed, but man were those a PITA. Instead of writing a book I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Hope you like and as always comments and suggestions welcome and wanted! Sorry it took so long to get you this update.

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0347.jpgDSCN0389.jpg

Again hope you like!

Jeremy

• 4 months later...

WOW, has it been almost 5 months since I updated this thing? S H I T! Sorry about this guys. As I am sure you all read in my coming back post I had some personal issues to deal with. They aren't completed sorted out, but I have found that building has given me some relaxation, and relief of anxiety. I hope to get back to this badboy, so please be patient with me. Thanks for everyone that kept up with this build.

• 2 months later...

Sweet Jesus that is a lot of hard work.

I'm trying to judge how much more work the Kinetic kit is over the Revell kit- looks like Kinetic might be just as much work. This is the EA-6B Prowler of course- I'm trying to comapre to my Revell A-6E build. You've also created a lot of work by going aftermarket!

Full Steam ahead!

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for posting this build. I have the same kit in my stash but hearing what you've written, I think it'll stay there for a while!

But keep up the good work. It's nice to watch!

Ian