Merkava Mk3

Academy kit OOB. painted with tamiya acrylics. I built it primarily as a test subject for weathering my Magach7 project. I am pretty happy with the result.

comments good or bad are always welcome

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I like it alot, the weathing looks really good and not over done for the area that this type of vehicles operates. I would suggest one thing though; either use a lead pencil or dry brush some silver onto the tracks where they make contact with the ground. Even when tanks are on dirt, you can still make out the worn areas.

Still and excellent job in any case! :rolleyes:

Robert

try rubbing graphite on the tracks instead of silver. it will give a darker more realistic sheen of brunished metal. Other than that just add more dust in the recesses. Good build. Im also working on a magach 7C conversion using the legend set. You will need to replace the long strips down the side for mounting the armor skirt. They will be either badly warped or too short.

Edited by HWR MKII

I agree on the tracks. Unless they are just buried in mud, there is almost always some wearing and rust. The outside could be lightly drybrushed silver, and maybe some rust added near the hinge points. The pre shading is frankly too heavy. Real tanks trend to have a lot of weathering, but there just isn't that strong a demarcation at panel edges. The fade off between the base color and pre shade is also too wide, and not consistently even in width. The machine guns look great.