Heinkel He219 Diorama

Hi guys, the following is a Tamiya He219 that I recently completed. I used the Aires cockpit, CMK DB603 engine, ICM figures and some Verlinden diorama accessories to detail the aircraft and make the diorama. Critiques are welcome!

Cheers,

Ernest

dio10.jpg

dio8.jpg

dio7.jpg

dio6.jpg

dio5u.jpg

dio4.jpg

dio3.jpg

he2193.jpg

Edited by greif8

Hi IrishGreek, the engine kit had supports included and the kit instructions showed how to mount them. As with alot of aftermarket kits I had to do a bit of sanding and scraping to get a good fit though. Thank you for the kind words also.

Ernest

I like it. Really nice paintwork on the 219 and the figures look great! Did the engine kit come with the 'supports' to show how to mount it? Or did you have to scratch build? Either way, great job. :crying2:

Thank you for all the kind comments guys.

Ernest

Hi guys, the following is a Tamiya He219 that I recently completed. I used the Aires cockpit, CMK DB603 engine, ICM figures and some Verlinden diorama accessories to detail the aircraft and make the diorama. Critiques are welcome!

Cheers,

Ernest

dio10.jpg

dio8.jpg

dio7.jpg

dio6.jpg

dio5u.jpg

dio4.jpg

dio3.jpg

he2193.jpg

Hi, I used a 1/35 MG34 barrel as the center post and attached four pieces of evergreen square strip at right angles for the supports. The antennas were sourced from left overs from a 1/72 scale kit of an Fw200. Overall, the scratchbuild gets the job done at replicating the FuG 212, but I am sure a purpose made aftermarket antenna would look better.

Ernest

Looks great! How did you create the smaller FuG 212?