Whats in your CD player or MP3

So whats in your CD player, MP3, depending on age record player, cassette or 8 track. Sorry could't resist. For me in my man cave its Josh Groban, living room Sara Brightman. I remember when I had an 8 track in my car, heck if you wanted to listen to a song again you would have to circle the block again :rolleyes: .

Edited by Iron Man

Not so much a question about what I'm listening to as it's what I'm *not* listening to thanks to Pandora, Slacker, Last.fm (not for much longer now that they're KO'ing streaming for mobile devices), TuneIn Radio and DoggCatcher...

Edited by Trigger

Age has nothing to do with if you own a record player or not. I'm 26 and I own one. In fact most of my friends have record players. Believe it or not vinyl is making a comeback.

Back to the question at hand...

On my record player I've been playing Dillinger 4 - Civil War

In my car cd player The Bouncing Souls - The Gold Record

And on my mp3 pod RVIVR - LP

Some of the newer bands I've added are Five Finger Death Punch and All That Remains. Still listen to my fav's all the time. Alice in Chains, Metallica, STP, Korn...

People I work with give me a funny look all the time. They seem to think I'm a country guy. :rolleyes:

Mike

Several in the rotation......

The Rippingtons, Gerald Albright, Marcus Miller, Atmosphere, The Roots, Inxs and Rehab. Of course, Pandora on the I-phone (freakin filter won't let me type it) for the win.

Regards

Brian

Edited by dbsmith88

I've got a little bit of everything on my mp3 player right now, but my album of choice lately has been Eminem's "Recovery". I usually listen to my iPod at the gym or driving in my car, so you'll find me listening to everything from Van Halen to Black Eyed Peas to Disturbed to Eminem to Big and Rich. As long as it's not that bubble-gum pop crap (yes, that means you, Justin Beeber), some whiny "I love you" R & B track (yes, that means you, Usher), or some depressing, my dog died, my wife left me, make-me-cry country song, I'm usually down for it.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

I listen to some odd stuff but i like it and that's all that counts :rolleyes:

Nevermore (my favorite band), My Dying Bride, Velvet Revolver, Hammerfall, Opeth, Iron Maiden......Thats whats come on in the last hour. Ive got about 4000 songs on my Ipod :D

This month marks 25 years (!!!) since I got my first CD player and CDs. To celebrate this milestone I've been collecting A LOT of new classical albums.

I should add that, the oldest CD in my collection still sounds just as good as it did back in 1986, if not better since I have better speakers now! :crying2:

A few recent highlights:

The Ligeti Project (5-disc set) (fans of "2001; A Space Oddysey" and "The Shining" may be familiar with the work of Gyorgi Ligeti, the great 20th-century Hungarian composer of "Atmospheres," "Lux Aeterna" and "Aventures")

Copland: Piano Concerto, Short Symphony, Orchestral Variations (Michael Tilson Thomas & SFSO on RCA)

plus 3 volumes of Copland orchestral works conducted by the composer on Sony

Leonard Bernstein: 7-disc set of Bernstein conducting his own compositions on Deutsche Grammaphon

Bartok: Viola Concerto, Violin Concerto #1 and Concerto for 2 Pianos and Percussion (Pierre Boulez on DG)

Alban Berg: Lyric Suite (Kronos Quartet with Dawn Upshaw on Nonesuch)

Hugo Distler: Totentanz, Choral Passion Op 7, Concerto for Harpsichord and Strings Op 14 etc etc

Poulenc: Concerto for Organ and Concert champetre for Harpsichord on Naxos

Paul Hindemith: Complete Orchestral Works (15 discs in 3 boxed sets on CPO)

JS Bach: Motets (re-issue of the Louis Halsey Singers recording from the 70s, one of my all-time fave LPs on Decca)

Vaughan Williams: 16 Folk Song Arrangements for chamber choir (another favorite LP re-issued on EMI)

Benjamin Britten: Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings Op 31 (the classic 1954 recording on Decca)

An album of chamber music by Poulenc, Francaix, Milhaud, Bartok, Prokofiev and Khachaturian done by the Melos Ensemble of London, originally on EMI/HMV

etc etc etc

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog

In the car: Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation ('Oh boy don't you lie on the track-a-lacka!....')

At home: iPod: Eminem - The Eminem Show

Hi-fi: AC/DC - Back in Black

Man-cave (garage): Beatles - Sgt. Peppers

I can listen to owt!

Gaz