OT: Valentines Day

Totally a manufactured holiday for Hallmark, candies, and flower shops. And have you ever noticed it's all a out the women?

Sorry-had to vent......

I propose we men create our own holiday: MAN-CAVE DAY! We shall lock ourselves in our man cave with kits, beer, and whatever we want to listen to, with no women or kids allowed!

While many may fall into this frustrating vortex, my wife's done an awesome and greatly appreciated job at making this Valentine's Day evening enjoyable for both of us (and we're planning a more thorough celebration for this Saturday, unfettered by work). The big thing is to not (let your SWMBO) fall into the marketers' trap of expenditure, keep things imaginative and creative, and honestly keep the focus on the two of you enjoying each others company, rather than what you spend.

Best of luck, mates! :crying2:

Totally a manufactured holiday for Hallmark, candies, and flower shops. And have you ever noticed it's all a out the women?

Sorry-had to vent......

I propose we men create our own holiday: MAN-CAVE DAY! We shall lock ourselves in our man cave with kits, beer, and whatever we want to listen to, with no women or kids allowed!

or perhaps we could invent a day where women are expected to give US kits, beer and whatever we want to listen to, and make them feel guilty for not doing so.

cheers

Old Blind (still glad to be single) Dog

or perhaps we could invent a day where women are expected to give US kits, beer and whatever we want to listen to, and make them feel guilty for not doing so.

cheers

Old Blind (still glad to be single) Dog

Yep, now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Radio station in San Diego, KGB, started a mans type holiday. It's in March and is called "Steak and Knobber Day". For the terminally single guys it's referred to as "Double Double and Rub One Out Day". Mostly only people on the west coast will get the In-N-Out reference.

I explained Valentines Day to my 14 year old daughter today....girls look forward to all the attention from their special guy.......and guys dread the whole day out of fear they won't do enough or they will just not get it right.

And what's the saddest thing.......single girls on Valentines day....single girls really don't enjoy this day.

Yep the girly thing can be a drag some times

71c1664c7463a0dc7a79152f5b0aac558c607e6a.jpg

:) :( :tease:

I explained Valentines Day to my 14 year old daughter today....girls look forward to all the attention from their special guy.......and guys dread the whole day out of fear they won't do enough or they will just not get it right.

And what's the saddest thing.......single girls on Valentines day....single girls really don't enjoy this day.

And did the 14 year old shrug,poooh pooh the idea as its not COOL and say " NO, NOT ME... I am not into that !" B)

So does FATHERS DAY count ,{ or the BOSS's DAY} :)

Not really. On Mother's Day, Dad is supposed to take the kids out so Mom can have a day of "rest". On Father's Day, Dad is expected to take the kids out and spend time with them. Not that I mind spending time with my kids, but...

It's my personal opinion that the only man who really knew how to celebrate St. Valentine's Day was Al Capone. LOL. Lets face it, guys, buy flowers, bring home candy, take her out to dinner, it "ain't no more than we shoulda done". But, forget to do something just one time ........

Am I the only one, then?

Vallies this year cost me a grand total of £3 for a card (which, with breathtaking providence I acquired on the day, from the shop in work*.) No flowers, chocolates, smelly soaps or jewelry. Result. For that I got a very nice card back, steak dinner, all the phones off that evening and a very early night.

Now that isn't exactly what I call onerous. For my thirty seconds hard labour I continue to have the right to go to Telford once a year, and put about three months disposable away in one shot. And my wife responds to stuff like this:

her: what do you want for your birthday?

him: a milling machine.

...with tolerant affection. I swear, they can do it three times a year as far as I'm concerned. Instant credit.

Patrick

* Not as bad as someone I know who bought his card while shopping with his girlfriend. She had to remind him to get an envelope...

Valentine's Day was invented to give women an "out." Think about it. On February 15, any woman can break up with her guy, without looking for much of an excuse. Imperfect flowers could easily lead to "you don't love me enough, this relationship is going nowhere, you'll never want to get married."

Valentine's Day was invented to give women an "out." Think about it. On February 15, any woman can break up with her guy, without looking for much of an excuse. Imperfect flowers could easily lead to "you don't love me enough, this relationship is going nowhere, you'll never want to get married."

A bit dramatic Kevin.. :)

...And next year there is the LEAP YEAR when the Ladies get to ask the guys "will you marry ME "..

Better start hibernating Now.. :)