I havent worked on it in about 8 weeks

Ok, Im back in. I get sidetracked on a video-game Company of Heroes, and a new WWII Flight-sim is coming out on March 25th, Battle of Britain:Cliffs of Dover

I estimate I have at the most, 10-12 hours left of painstaking work, and I will have a finished Revell 1/48th B-17G to show the world, which I will give to my boss when I am done.

I know I painted the fuselage halves way too early but I got bored of doing all the interior detail work that I wasted some paint to make it atleast feel like I was getting somewhere. All the windows are in, I just need to glue in the interior detail which is largely done, put some parts together, putty the halves, sand and give them a final coat, gloss coat, decals then flat coat and it SHOULD be done. Im thinking of going against the idea of doing a diorama, even though I could since Im not as anxious to peice this together with the daunting task of putting one of these together has seemed to be for me, let alone a diorama. I might change my mind somewhere in the build.

DSCN0314.jpg

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

Edited by Superjew

You know that scene with Woods in Family Guy... "Oh - A piece of Candy... Oh! A piece of Candy..." well in this case I'm sitting here saying "OH! Another Fort! OH! Another Fort!"

Can't wait to see the -17 your boss is getting. And I know what you mean by painting the fuselage because you're looking for a switch from the interior. In a way though, you have a great advantage. DON'T WEATHER ANYTHING!!! Leave it as the pictures show, then when you join it up, you only need to worry about the panels that touch the joint with the wing and horizontal stabs. It is really a pain (and anyone else who's done a Fort will tell you) trying to get the areas between engines, and especially between the No. 2 and No. 3 engine and the fuselage painted right when everything is assembled.

Looking good!

Mark.