The travelling goodies box aka MAFIA Box

Terry,

Are you planning on having a published list here which would be amended by any participants?

:lol:

Emil

Emil,

The item list will only be included in an envelop in the box. Participants simply cross out what he's taking and add what he's adding. The reasons for doing this instead of an online list are:

1) maintaining a surprise (hopefully pleasant ones) for the recipients as the box makes its round

2) I don't have a good way for the participants, and ONLY the participants, to maintain the list online without the organizor doing all the work

I think the surprise aspect of the box's content is what makes it interesting, hence I'm going to insist on not publishing its contents online.

BTW, I have modified the rules to allow "slightly" cut decal sheets.

Cheers,

Terry

Emil,

The item list will only be included in an envelop in the box. Participants simply cross out what he's taking and add what he's adding. The reasons for doing this instead of an online list are:

1) maintaining a surprise (hopefully pleasant ones) for the recipients as the box makes its round

2) I don't have a good way for the participants, and ONLY the participants, to maintain the list online without the organizor doing all the work

I think the surprise aspect of the box's content is what makes it interesting, hence I'm going to insist on not publishing its contents online.

BTW, I have modified the rules to allow "slightly" cut decal sheets.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry,

I understand the surprise, and look forward to participating. Good idea all around and I'm sure as this gains popularity we will have more participants.

See you at Hamilton, I do hope you enter some of your work.

:thumbsup:

Emil

I'm going ahead with the box with the current 10 participants. Anyone outside of the Mafia has received a PM from me asking for your city and province in order to route the box. Please respond to it.

I'll start the box this Sunday in Hamilton by handing it to a Mafia member. Any new participants signing up after Sunday can either go directly into the list (if the route allows) or have to wait for the next round.

Cheers,

Terry

Guys,

I have edited the first post to put the participants in the order of the box's circulation. I'm the first one on the list, and will send the box to the next person on the list, in this case phantom. Phantom has his turn with the box's content, updates the included inventory list, then sends it to the next person on the list, and so forth.

I have everyone's city except Scooby, whom I assume lives in the prairies. Please let me know so I can correct the list. Thank you.

Cheers,

Terry

Terry,

Scooby is just down the road from me. Probably best to send it to him first and then he can deliver it to me in person so we don't have to listen to him complain about the cost of postage.... ;)

Cheers,

Sean

Oh man, I've been under a rock... errrr... the Fortress GB. COUNT ME IN! (If it isn't too late) That'll give us someone central (Winnipeg). And boy oh boy do I have a whole bunch of little bitties for the box...

GREAT IDEA by the way.

Cheers,

Mark.

Oh man, I've been under a rock... errrr... the Fortress GB. COUNT ME IN! (If it isn't too late) That'll give us someone central (Winnipeg). And boy oh boy do I have a whole bunch of little bitties for the box...

GREAT IDEA by the way.

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark,

You've been added. Please refer to the first post on this thread to see your position on the box's route.

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks Terry, I really appreciate you letting me take part in this. Can't wait to get the box from... wait... Sean Bratton?! Sean Bratton from Edmonton?! COME ON!!! He ALWAYS takes the good stuff! Nuts!

Hahaha, all joking aside, this is an awesome idea! Can't wait!

Thanks again!

Mark.

Mark, perhaps you can entice some of the guys at Tiger Hobbies as well, I know Ken sometimes participates on the forum?

Will add some nice stuff on wednesday, and see what's in it!

Cheers

Hagar

Can't wait to get the box from... wait... Sean Bratton?! Sean Bratton from Edmonton?! COME ON!!! He ALWAYS takes the good stuff!

Yeah, but I deserve it. :)

I'll try and leave something good in there for you, Mark.

Cheers,

Sean

• SBARC unpinned this topic