The travelling goodies box aka MAFIA Box

I could pass it off to Elmo on route to Kingston. In fact if Don gets it before Tonys show he can bring it there and a BUNCH of ARCers can get it at once.

Edited by phantom

You can remove my name from the list for the next couple of cycles. If it's allowed I may rejoin after the box has made a few more rounds.

Cheers,

Sean

I don't see why not... I skipped last round

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you guys aware in the changes in how CP calculatres rates now? I just found out the hard way. I mailed 3 items just now, 2 to Ontario, 1 to BC. The parcel to BC cost about 60% more to mail than the 2 to Ontario even though the weights were all close and all had the same service. Sooo, since the list is made up from Western to East, the last guy on the list gets to mail a heavy box all the way back to the west coast... Would it be possible to re do the list to maybe go in a more circular pattern, maybe no more than a region at a time if possible to keep the rates fair for everyone?

parcel to BC, 39x32x14 cm @ 0.959kg----------> $18.95 + $1.39 fuel surcharge + hst

parcel #1 to Ont, 29x25x22 cm @ 1.023kg------> $12.93 + $0.94 fuel surcharge + hst

parcel #2 to Ont, 40x28x11 cm @ 0.719kg------> $12.42 + $0.90 fuel surcharge + hst

Plus on each item on the reciept, they list actual weight and cubed weight, what the heck does that mean?

You want to hear something funny? I mailed an item to a guy in Ontario once and he claimed I was ripping him off on shipping. Shipping from Cold Lake to his address in Toronto was not the same as shipping from his address in Toronto to Cold Lake on the Canada Post website.

So it was more exspensive to ship from Western Canada to Eastern Canada rather than vice-versa. I was told it was because Cold Lake is a different class of Postal Office. I say BS on it all.

So I have the box now, well it's at my house, and I'm in Edmonton... I gather that a pause won't hurt, but I'll send it out ASAP when I get home, unless Kostucha gets in touch before, not heard word one from him, so no idea where the 'tin' is

I'll stay on here tho

Cheers

Harald

I thought Winnie was in Winnipeg. I should have given it to you next.

Here is an idea, there are three of us in Edmonton, perhaps we should take turns on who ships it to the next destination. Sean and I have already done that, each shipping it once. If there are any other locations that are doubled or tripled up perhaps they should do the same.

I thought Winnie was in Winnipeg. I should have given it to you next.

I was indeed in Winnipeg and you DID ship it to me!!!! A little lol on that one!

I was in Edmonton, only for a night heading for work in Inuvik ,which is where I am now.

As soon as I get home, I'll ship it on out east. I have not heard word one from Kostucha, so I guess he's out of the race.

Cheers

Harald

• 3 weeks later...

Why the physical logistics movemment at all if its all like new goodies? Create a virtual box on line ...membership requiring an initial. Arrange one to one transfer not nesecssarily trade and the gaining party is required to and an item.

The circulating idea seems more attune to spares and particals.

OK, Finally got to this, sorry, been stupid busy.

ANyways, took out a couple items, and dropped in some more, and updated the list.

I know it goes to Ontario, but to whom to I send it?

Cheers

Harald

PS

Just PM me an address and I'll get it out next business day!

Edited by Winnie

Myself, Elmo or Don.

In fact Don and I are meeting next week and I can hand it to him if it gets here by then.

Winnie, your mail box is full.

Now empty,

PM me tonite and it goes out tomorra.

I go back to work on sunday! lol

Cheers

H.

Is it possible for me to join the list?

I don't see why not if no one else objects. I'll hopefully get the box on Sunday if we can meet during the week I can pass it on to Emil or the next in line.

Don

The mafia box just arrived!!! I'll check it out in 10 minutes then hand it to Don on Sunday!

Don PM me when you know what time you want to meet, (after church please)

Yes and no I don't get out to the meetings very often so I didn't join this year.

Which Don are you thinking of ?

Don

Edited by DONG
  • SBARC unpinned this topic