Twin Seater Draken?

I was looking at my twin seater collection the other day, trying to decide which of Viggen or Gripen I should start on first.

I know there is a following for Hasegawa's family of Drakens (in 1/48) and there is a conversion kit from Maestro (also in 1/48) for the Sk356C. I could not find an equivalent for 1/72.

I have the Hasegawa 1/72 version (Austrian boxing) and realised that Hasegawa has deliberately engineered the kit with a future option of offering a twin seaters. Has anyone attempted a twin Draken?? I think it is feasible without having to wait for mr Hasegawa to rejig their mold.The length of the twin birds appear to be identical to the single seaters. The main challenge will be the new canopy.

Has anyone attempted a twin Draken?

Giles

I was looking at my twin seater collection the other day, trying to decide which of Viggen or Gripen I should start on first.

I know there is a following for Hasegawa's family of Drakens (in 1/48) and there is a conversion kit from Maestro (also in 1/48) for the Sk356C. I could not find an equivalent for 1/72.

Look out for the old Heller 1/72 scale kit - it has parts to do a single or a two seater. You could adapt the parts to the Hasegawa kit.

1/72 scale Drakens

I have the dual on my list, but haven't gotten around to it. IIRC, though, the two seat parts from the Heller kit look like there would not be a fit problem.

Gary

Edited by Aerobat

In 72 scale Heller kit could be a solution but only if you want a TF-35 Danish twin.

The kit was still available in Argentina a few years ago.

A Polish firm named Top Gun also made a resin conversion with vacuum-formed canopy in 72 scale for Sk35 but was not that good.

Thanks Gary and Paolo!

I didn't know about the Heller kit, althought I had the Viggen and Mitrage F-1B (yes!) somewhere in my parents' attic. I figure my odds of getting one now is pretty :bandhead2:

I wanted to build the Danish TF-35, so I am inclined to use the Hasegawa standard late Draken boxing as the base to start. The cockpits are easy enough to scratch in 1/72. I will probably use Pavla's resin ejection seats in any case. May be Maestro Models would have released a twin conversion in 1/72 by the time I get round to the canopy problem.

Giles

May be Maestro Models would have released a twin conversion in 1/72 by the time I get round to the canopy problem.

If not, you could ask around in the Spares Bin section - it's a longshot, but perhaps someone built the Heller kit as a singleseater...

Cheers,

Andre