4.William G - FL

4.5 Datsun74 -AL

5.pastafarian - TX

6.Rodney - NM

7.Dax - OK

8.Shawn M - MO

9.JasonW - MA

10. RB211 - OH (need address)

This isn't a closed list, so if anyone else happens upon the thread, slap up a post about getting added to the mix. :bandhead2:

Current inventory for the box is toward the end of the thread (more or less updated continually, haha).

John

Edited by pastafarian

This is a great idea, I'd get in on this as well. Not to complicate things, but maybe we should identify scale for what we're putting into the box as it may make it easier to know if you're going to find anything of use in the box. For instance, I am a 1/72 scale builder primarily. I would be putting 1/72 stuff in the box, with the occasional 1/144 scale thing or two as I do my larger aircraft in 1/144 sometimes. I get the feeling the box may have mostly 1/48 stuff in it based on the trend in the model aircraft world. How many 1/72 guys would be willing to put stuff in?

Jason's got a good point.

We should do an inventory list to include with the box (and maybe even update it in the thread), also, maybe keep individual items in the box in a zip lock back with a label on what's in there. An example would be things like loose resin ejection seats or loose weapons from a kit (I'm terrible about knowing what weapon is what).

I also dabble in a bit of everything (1/25 cars, 1/35, 1/48, and 1/72 aircraft) so I'd be including a mix as well.

So, it's looking like this is going to work. :) My guess so far is just going in order of the thread of mailing this deal. As we get more people, we can just add in order.

How should we get started? Should I throw a few things in and then mail to Warthoglvr (which means the initial folks will have little to choose from - ok by me since it will eventually make the circle), or, to get started everyone can send the initial bits to me and then I'll send them to the second person on the list. Up to you guys.

John

I have a couple of other thoughts, scary I know. :)

Those crazy Canucks are trying to organize it in such a way as to have the box make a somewhat logical course. In other words, try to arrange it such that the box travels short distances along the way. For instance, I live in Massachusetts, maybe the next person after me lives in NY or CT as opposed to California or Alaska or some such. Postal charges are something to think about as the USPS rates just went up again and the box will start to gain weight with each additional thing put in there. As more people get involved it will start to cost more.

As an example, maybe it could start out on the West Coast, make it's way into the southwest and midwest and eventually to the east coast. Once it hits the end of the list of people, we reverse the list and send it back in the opposite direction or someone bites the bullet and ships it back out west to start the rounds again. As I am sure we all are aware, the further it gets shipped the more it costs, so maybe we just put a little thought into this and try to come up with a plan that minimizes the costs. Heck, there are four or five guys on ARC that post regularly and are from Mass, I wouldn't be opposed to dropping it off and having a beer with some of those guys. I'd even be willing to make a day of it and head to northern CT if there were guys from that region interested.

I think we should also make clear rules for what is/isn't considered for the goodies portion here, or adopt part or all of the Canucks list of rules modified to our liking. Partial decal sheets are okay in my opinion only if each sheet has enough markings to do a complete aircraft. So if it is a Two Bobs sheet with markings for four different F-XX's, you would only be able to put it in the box if the sheet has enough markings to do at least one of the aircraft. For resin, I'd be okay with just ejection seats, but most other resin detail/conversion sets should be complete. For photo-etch I don't think partial sets make much sense, so I think those should be complete as well. Weapons only if there are at least two of something. One AIM-9 and one AIM-120 doesn't do much for anybody, should be at least two.

I have lots of 1/72 weapons and several kit decal sheets that may be useful to folks as well as a few conversions that I probably will never get around to. If we can generate enough interest, I think this idea has big potential.

My opinion differs, sometimes someone needs an extra pe bit, or an extra decal etc.

I see no issue with partial sets.

I do agree that they should be bagged and labeled as to what they are, what scale, etc.

Up for it too.

I have loads of stuff that may make an interesting item for some people.

INteresting point John, I would stipulate the caveat we can add partials as listed above But please only take another partial as an exchange...

Keeping the list updated on here could be a good thing too, Honesty is the hallmark of most of the people I have seen on here (Actually almost all of ya!!!) so we would have a decent and fun time.

As to the shipping... yeah that can be a bit of a pain, However, I am game

Count me In Coach!!!

William G

Very cool. Ok guys, I guess let's start gathering up the stuff that we want to chip in.

Jason, since you're on the east coast, what do you think about us drafting you to start.? We can mail the stuff initially to you so that we have a starting inventory and you can forward it on from there.

Who's closest to Jason (Boston-ish) for us to send it to next? So far, I think I'm farthest West in Texas.

Sounds like we all like the idea of posting the inventory here as well as in the box. With that, let's also post who the box is going to (we'll use peer pressure to keep it moving LOL).

So far the stuff i'm sending:

-Eduard 1/72 ACH-47 set

-several partial decal sets (I'll go through them and confirm that you'll be able to mark an entire kit with them)

-I'll also look through the weapons that I am not going to use (I'll try to figure out what they all are, but at worst they'll at least be marked with scale)

John

Okay, it sounds like we are moving towards a plan here. We probably need a list of addresses etc.

So far, based on this thread we have the following people who are in:

JasonW

Shawn M

Dax

pastafarian

robtmelvin

William G

warthoglvr

Anybody else want to get in on this?

I will PM my address to interested parties. Once I've received everything and put a formal list together I can email it to all interested parties (probably an Excel spreadsheet unless there are objections) print a copy of the list and place it in the box with all the goodies and get it on it's way to the first person. I will also post the list here in this thread. My thoughts are we at the very least should get delivery confirmation through USPS so we can verify the boxes whereabouts in the postal system. If you print labels off the USPS website, delivery confirmation is like .50 cents so it is worth it in my opinion. FedEx and UPS provide this service as part of the normal costs of sending a package so if anyone is going to use those two it is all set. Each time the box leaves somebody, we should post the relevant tracking info so the next person knows and we can all keep track of it.

Additional thoughts?

Edited by JasonW

So far to the box I will be adding:

1/32 Tinted Academy F-16CJ/CG complete clear sprue

1/32 Dragon P-51 Drop Tanks (the metal ones)

1/48 Paragon RAF 100BG B-24 Nose glazing

1/32 Dragon Rockets and stub rails from P-51 Kit x6 spoken for

1/32 Revell Sidewinders and Rails for AH-64A kit

Edited by Shawn M

Want to make sure we keep this visible.

So is the following list all we have for this right now?

JasonW

Shawn M

Dax

pastafarian

robtmelvin

William G

warthoglvr

Anybody else want to be part of this little shindig?

Okay, have three addresses now, Chris just sent his.

As I posted earlier, I'll put a master list with all addresses in the box along with an inventory sheet. I'll also post the inventory sheet here.

Cool, I'll gather up some stuff this weekend and stick it in the mail to you on Monday for the starter stuff.

John

Things are starting to come together now folks. I just got William G's address via PM.

I'm going to dig through my stuff this weekend and get some things set aside. I'll update the thread as necessary.

If anybody else still needs my address to send stuff let me know via PM and I'll send it.

Just dropped a "starter" box of goodies at the P.O. Should be to Jason by the first of next week. I included the following goodies:

1) 1:72 Hasegawa F-105D

2) 1:72 Revell P-47M

3) 1:72 Heller T-6 Texan

4) 1:72 Project kit resin Cruise Missile

5) 1:48 AFV Club F-5E kit decal sheet

6) 1:48 Syhart AH-64D Apache Solo display decal sheet

7) 1:48 CAM Tomcat Alley decal sheet 48-098

8) 1:72 RepliScale F-4D decal sheet 30th Anniversary 906th TFG AFRES

9) 1:48 TwoBobs F-16C Retro Vipers decal sheet 48-013

10) 1:48 TwoBobs Big Mouth Vipers decal sheet 48-088

Guys, are there any ship/armor model type builders involved here and would any of that stuff be of any interest? I like all three (aircraft, ships and armor) and have all three in the stash and was curious if there would be interest in that stuff. Right now I am planning only aircraft related stuff, but if there is interest I can take a look through what I've got and see.

Guys, are there any ship/armor model type builders involved here and would any of that stuff be of any interest? I like all three (aircraft, ships and armor) and have all three in the stash and was curious if there would be interest in that stuff. Right now I am planning only aircraft related stuff, but if there is interest I can take a look through what I've got and see.

Same here, I build cars as well. Any 1/35 stowage that you'd like to drop in there would be awesome. :woot.gif:

John

• SBARC unpinned this topic