the 'Merican travelling goodies box

You can add me to the list. As for postage, maybe we can just try to keep the contents of the box to be able to fit one of the larger flat-rate boxes. That way, postage is the same for everyone, no matter where in the US we send it, and as long as the box doesn't weigh more than I think 70 pounds.

You can add me to the list. As for postage, maybe we can just try to keep the contents of the box to be able to fit one of the larger flat-rate boxes. That way, postage is the same for everyone, no matter where in the US we send it, and as long as the box doesn't weigh more than I think 70 pounds.
Not a bad idea. I'll swing by the post office and grab a couple of the bigger flat rate boxes and see what we can fit in there.

Andy (warthoglvr) your box arrived at my house yesterday.

Who else has sent stuff?

Not a bad idea. I'll swing by the post office and grab a couple of the bigger flat rate boxes and see what we can fit in there.

Andy (warthoglvr) your box arrived at my house yesterday.

Who else has sent stuff?

I can. PM me your address and I'll get some items into the mail this week.

Rodney

I'm about to send my stuff your way Jason. Couple PE sets, a Squadron canopy for a Viking, and several decal sheets.

What's a recommendation on decals? Usually, if I'm just mailing a kit, I don't worry about it much since it's only a short hop. But these will be traveling around for a while I suppose. I was thinking about labeling envelopes and sticking them in there? Think that would work guys?

John

I'm about to send my stuff your way Jason. Couple PE sets, a Squadron canopy for a Viking, and several decal sheets.

What's a recommendation on decals? Usually, if I'm just mailing a kit, I don't worry about it much since it's only a short hop. But these will be traveling around for a while I suppose. I was thinking about labeling envelopes and sticking them in there? Think that would work guys?

John

Either that or ziploc bags.

Here is what I'll be shipping to Jason in the next day or two:

Kit - Hasegawa F/A-18F 1/72

Resin - CMK F-16I Conversion Set 1/48

Resin - FM Detail F-4 Phantom cockpit 1/72

Resin - Aires P-51D cockpit 1/72

Photoetch - Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt color photoetch 1/72

Decals:

Three Guys Replicas Tuskegee Airmen 1/48

Superscale F-16C 144th FW, 111th FS 1/48

Gekko Graphics Rafael "What If" 1/48

Eagle Strike VF-103 F-14 Tomcat 1/48

Two Bobs F-5E VFC-13 Desert Cats 1/48

Rodney

Edited by Rodney

I have the following to ship when I get paid next week.

Two Bobs sheet 72-002 F-16C Fightning Fulcrums (Complete)

Eduard 1/72 AH-64 Canopy Mask (Academy)

1/72 Italeri Nato Pilots and Ground Crew (Complete)

May toss in a kit or two if I can as well...

William G

Here is what I'll be shipping to Jason in the next day or two:

Kit - Hasegawa F/A-18F 1/72

Resin - CMK F-16I Conversion Set 1/48

Resin - FM Detail F-4 Phantom cockpit 1/72

Resin - Aires P-51D cockpit 1/72

Photoetch - Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt color photoetch 1/72

Decals:

Three Guys Replicas Tuskegee Airmen 1/48

Superscale F-16C 144th FW, 111th FS 1/48

Gekko Graphics Rafael "What If" 1/48

Eagle Strike VF-103 F-14 Tomcat 1/48

Two Bobs F-5E VFC-13 Desert Cats 1/48

Rodney

Package sent yesterday via Priority Mail.

Rodney

PM's Jason my address

do you want me to send my stuff in now, or wait for the box?

At this point Shawn, I think you should wait for the box. We've got quite a bit stuff either on the way or already here. I have some stuff I'm going to put into the box as well. It's going to be a task fitting all this stuff into a flat rate box at this point.

A list of what I have to add to the box - all 1/72 scale:

Airmodel TSK canopy conversion for Fiat G.91T, Mirage IIIB and Jaguar E (all two seaters)

True Details resin KC-135 main and nose gear wheel set

True Details resin U.S 1000 lb GP bombs

DML Soviet air-to-air missiles 2 sets (missing pilots and a few of the fuel tanks but otherwise complete with all missiles and pylons)

Airfix Mirage III kit (2 kits bagged and complete)

Hasegawa F-100D Super Sabre kit (bagged and complete)

Squadron crystal clear canopy set - Fw-200 x 3

Squadron crystal clear canopy set - Vickers Wellington Mk. X

Squadron crystal clear canopy set - Lockheed PV-1 Ventura

Squadron crystal clear canopy set - Douglas A-26C Invader

Italeri C-47 Skytrain kit (complete in open box)

Hasegawa P-51B Mustang 'Mighty Eighth' (complete in open box)

Revell AG Vultee Vengeance (complete in open box)

Revell AG Fw-200 C-4 Condor (complete in open box)

If there is any interest in ship models I can add the following:

1/700 Hasegawa USS Alabama battleship and IJN Maya Japanese heavy cruiser kits (both complete)

Edited by JasonW
At this point Shawn, I think you should wait for the box. We've got quite a bit stuff either on the way or already here. I have some stuff I'm going to put into the box as well. It's going to be a task fitting all this stuff into a flat rate box at this point.

Gotcha Jason, will do!

Rodney, your box arrived the other day.

Who else has stuff enroute to me? So far I've gotten Aaron and Rodney's stuff.

I was going to send my stuff, but you said the box was getting full, so I'll wait till it gets here.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the flat rate box postage so far?

John

I was going to send my stuff, but you said the box was getting full, so I'll wait till it gets here.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the flat rate box postage so far?

John

John, I haven't gotten around to figuring out how much the flat rate postage is going to be as I was under the impression that you and possibly a couple of others were sending stuff and I was waiting until everything was all together to figure out how big of a box we needed. I told Shawn to hold off as I thought your stuff might already be on it's way. If you are not sending anything and we're just going with Rodney's , Aaron's and my stuff for the initial go around, I'll get it all figured out this weekend and send the box out early next week.

Okay, I haven't had any luck with the medium flat rate boxes and my local post office was out of the large flat rate boxes. I am going to go to a different post office tomorrow. If I cannot get the large flat rate box there, we may have to go with a regular box and send it parcel post. It actually looks like we may be able to squeeze the stuff into the largest flat rate box, but I can't be sure without trying it. I'm going to try to get the box out on Wednesday during my lunch hour regardless. Looks like it would cost about $15 if we get the flat rate box, I may be able to save some money if we go parcel post and folks don't mind waiting a couple of extra days.

Thoughts?

Either way is fine with me. Typically parcel post isn't too bad unless you're sending stuff around the holidays.

Can you track it with parcel post though? That might be an issue.

John

You can add delivery confirmation on parcel post which has a number that you can enter on the USPS website to track and confirm delivery. If you buy your label on the USPS website and print it at home (this is what I do) than delivery confirmation is free. If you pay at the post office, it is like $0.50.

I just got a large flat rate box from the post office near my work. Since I am currently at work I can't fit the stuff into it, but just looking at it I think it may be too small. They call it a "large" box, but it really isn't that big once you assemble it.

I'll post more this afternoon when I get back to the house. I've got a bunch of spare shipping boxes from my days selling on eBay so I shouldn't have any trouble finding a box to fit the stuff in.

Guys, thus far I have received addresses via PM for the following:

pastafarian

warthoglvr

kg4kpg

William G

Rodney

Shawn M

wh1skea

Dax

If you are not listed above and are in for this, please PM me your physical address so we can add you to the list for where the package will be going. I'd like to try to get this thing on it's way tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.

Right now, these folks have said they wanted to get in on this but have not PM'ed me their address:

robtmelvin

Edited by JasonW
Guys, thus far I have received addresses via PM for the following:

pastafarian

warthoglvr

kg4kpg

William G

Rodney

Shawn M

wh1skea

If you are not listed above and are in for this, please PM me your physical address so we can add you to the list for where the package will be going. I'd like to try to get this thing on it's way tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.

Right now, these folks have said they wanted to get in on this but have not PM'ed me their address:

robtmelvin

Dax

Should be fun. Thanks for taking lead on this Jason.

Rodney

Should be fun. Thanks for taking lead on this Jason.

Rodney

Thanks Rodney. :thumbsup:

Okay. I just had the box weighed by the shipping guy here at work. We're at 6.6 pounds. Priority Mail cost is $15.74 from my house to wh1skea in TN. As far as I am concerned, whichever member may use whatever shipping method they wish as long as we have some form of tracking number and delivery confirmation. In addition I think we should post on this thread the day we ship the box and the appropriate tracking info so all members can see it is on it's way and if it doesn't show up we can find out where it is.

Here is what I figured out for the order of mailing using my meager map skills:

Starting from my location, I will send it to -

1.wh1skea - TN

2.kg4kpg - SC

3.warthoglvr - FL

4.William G - FL

5.pastafarian - TX

6.Rodney - NM

7.Dax - OK

8.Shawn M - MO

9.JasonW - MA

I have printed out a hard copy listing of all these members and their mailing addresses and included it in the box. There is also a listing of the items in the box that is folded up with the mailing list.

I am going to try to get to the post office this afternoon to get this on it's way, I'll post here when it goes out.

The delivery confirmation number is: 9405 5036 9930 0037 6159 93

If you go to the USPS website and use the track and confirm tool you can get a status update for the package. I just printed the label so it will be probably tonight before it gets updated.

Edited by JasonW

Awesome Jason! This is going to be a pretty cool deal.

Hey wh1skea, I just noticed you were in Chattanooga. That's just over the mountain from my hometown. I'm originally from Winchester, TN. Used to drive over that way occasionally to see the aquarium and the battlefield on Lookout Mountain.

John

wh1skea, the box will be coming your way in the next couple of days. I should be able to get it to the post office this afternoon. When you get it, the listing of people addresses and the box inventory are printed sheets in a white envelope taped to the box under the label. I will be leaving the office around 3:30 and stopping by the post office on the way home to drop this box off. According to the post office, it should be delivered on Friday. wh1skea, if you would, please post here when you get it.

Guys, inventory rotation will be key here. As you put in stuff, take out some stuff as well. The box is pretty full right now so we need to make sure we are swapping stuff pretty consistently.

• SBARC unpinned this topic