3. Sebastian Haff

4. warthoglvr

5. Datsun74

6. William G

7. pastafarian

8. Dax

9. Shawn M

10. JasonW

It's at Datsun's now. On facebook it looks like he's with a warbird group at an airshow. Those guys tend to stay out a week and then go home (at least that's what another friend of mine does). So I imagine it will be on it's way soon. If not, we'll demand that datsun give us all free rides when he's near us. LOL

I'm not interested in the seatbelts, so you're clear through me. I've got my eye on a kit in the box too. :P

John

So basically we're about halfway through. we have one addition on the next leg as 2qwik4u has signed on. Once we get closer to the end I'll post another 'who is in/out for this round' posts and we'll figure out the next round shipping list.

Incidentally, I know we're mostly aircraft here but does anybody have any interest in some 1/700 WWII ships? I've also got some 1/72 armor I could add to the mix.

I just finished reading this thread and have to say this is one cool event.

Has anyone considered donating the kits left in the box at the end of the next go around to Wounded Warriors, then sending it around again?

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have some kits I could donate. Can you give some details on how to do this?

Incidentally, I know we're mostly aircraft here but does anybody have any interest in some 1/700 WWII ships? I've also got some 1/72 armor I could add to the mix.

I can't see a 1/700 ship! Those jokers are microscopic. LOL

Now, if anyone has any 1/72 helos that they want to throw in there (especially Vietnam era) I'll gladly swap out some stuff for them. :P

John

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have some kits I could donate. Can you give some details on how to do this?

Weeeeelllllll, one of the club's I'm involved in (Houston Armor Club, we have a blog btw) is currently participating in a donation drive sponsored by Wounded Warriors. Our club vice-president has a contact who will take kits and supplies to Fort Sam Houston Medical Center in San Antonio and deliver them to the troops convalescencing there. So, if this group is interested, I can get specifics and put the powers-that-be in contact with the powers-that-be.

I can't see a 1/700 ship! Those jokers are microscopic. LOL

Now, if anyone has any 1/72 helos that they want to throw in there (especially Vietnam era) I'll gladly swap out some stuff for them. :P

John

I have a few helos that I can throw in on my next turn.

Weeeeelllllll, one of the club's I'm involved in (Houston Armor Club, we have a blog btw) is currently participating in a donation drive sponsored by Wounded Warriors. Our club vice-president has a contact who will take kits and supplies to Fort Sam Houston Medical Center in San Antonio and deliver them to the troops convalescencing there. So, if this group is interested, I can get specifics and put the powers-that-be in contact with the powers-that-be.

I think you could also contact local recruiting stations or VFW posts and they usually have info on how to donate items to causes like that.

Always good to donate some kits to the kids at Christmas time too. Gets them into modeling!

I have a few helos that I can throw in on my next turn.

Very cool. You wouldn't happen to have a h-34 or a skycrane would you?

heard from Arron today. He's heading to WV on the airshow circuit. Sent this to me on facebook:

"Sorry for late reply. Got the box should have out in week or so. Having wife ship it out. Please update guys."

John

I think you could also contact local recruiting stations or VFW posts and they usually have info on how to donate items to causes like that.

Always good to donate some kits to the kids at Christmas time too. Gets them into modeling!

Recruiters and the VFW aren't specifically involved in the Wounded Warriors Project, for more info follow thw link below.

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,840/

"Toys for Tots" FTMFW! I always try to make cash donations for them around Christmas time. It doesn't hurt any that most of my Christmas shopping is at Toys R Us, either.

As for the box, can't wait til it circles back around.

Just spoke to Datsun74 on facebook and he said the box will be moving on in a couple days. It's William G next and then me. Will, mail it parcel post this time. LOL

John

John,

I was thinking of Pony Express, Or. Carrier Pigeon maybe Braniff.

Now the other question is Do we have any ideas as to the inventory?

William G

Aren't those smaller than pigeons? LOL Wonder if the Canadian guys try to figure out stuff like this?

JOhn

Nah, they send all of their stuff by moose. Those things can carry 5 1/35 Dora rail guns, 10 1/72 Resin C-5's and still have room for a prefinished 1/72 USS Enterprise.

Edited by 2qwik4u

Maybe I should use Swallows..

William G

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Once you have that, you can determine how quickly the swallow can get from you to the next guy on the list based on the weight of the box causing loss of airspeed. You may have to use two swallows depending on whether they are African or European swallows.

• SBARC unpinned this topic