the 'Merican travelling goodies box

When it makes the round again (back through JasonW) I'd like to jump back in.

We should probably figure out something on slimming it down a bit if it is getting that big. Maybe doing the cross border swap with the Canadian guys or a two for one swap (2 kits taken for every 1 put in for a round). dunno.

John

I was thinking about that also John. This is partly my fault as last time through I put several 1/72 kits in there and didn't take as much out.

On the stuff that I put in folks are free to take two kits for one kit they put in as it will help slim the box up a bit.

There is a list of contents in the box itself. As far as I could tell, it was accurate when I shipped it off. It is mostly 1/72nd stuff (which I'm not complaining about :rolleyes: ), but there are a few things in there in 1/48th.

-Dave

Guys, just to clarify the two for one deal is only on the kits I put in the box since I put too many kits in. I don't speak for all the kits and stuff, only the stuff I put in. So that would be almost exclusively 1/72 kits really save for a couple of cars. All the other stuff put in by others should still be one-for-one per our original rules.

By time the box gets to my porch I'm going to open it up and it's just going to cough at me and be filled with dust.

:rofl:

That's what you think. I'm keeping the dust; it's good for dioramas!!!! :woot.gif:

Edited by warthoglvr

Sorry I haven't gotten the box out yet, long hours at work and been down to 1 car. Now that I've got my car running, I'll have my wife send it off either tomorrow or Tuesday. No changes to the box. :/

Did it ever make it out?

ok, just sent it. Apologies to everyone for taking so long. With the way my new work schedule is, I'm on days for 2 weeks and nights for 2 weeks. When I'm on days, I don't get off work before the post office closes, and the box was too bulky for my wife to carry. Had to ship it in a new box. Upon moving everything over, there were about 5 loose parts. Wasn't sure what kits they went to, but went ahead and put them in a ziploc bag on top. As I stated before, the inventory of the box didn't change from when I got it (took nothing out, had nothing to add)

number is: 03110820000066748815

Edited by wh1skea

That's not too bad then. Several of my wife's relatives worked up at the Nissan plants in Murfreesboro and Winchester for a long time. They were on nights for most of that time, but the company took really good care of them. I imagine VW is the same.

VW has some very cool stuff coming down the pike:

http://gas2.org/2011/10/31/261-mpg-vw-xl1-concept-confirmed-for-2013-production/

John

I can proudly say (no offense tow whiskea) that I will never own another VW. My wife bought a Jetta shortly after we started living together before we got married. That was the single worst car I have ever been around. I literally changed every mechanical part on the car save the engine. Then all the electrical went out and I finally got her to get rid of it. I will say it was easy to work on but damn.

BA, lemme guess it was a MK4 chassis car?

I've had a looong line of VWs in my life, all have been fantastic cars.

It was a 99 old body style so I think a 3?

might have been a 4

either way it was a pos

I changed

Starter, alternator, belts, 2 brake calipers, all 4 bearings, 2 rotors, (rears were rotor hub assemblies) Ignition coils.

This was in a year and a half span.

Then the wires caught fire inside and kept catching fire.

No one could figure out why. (One day I was working on it, went inside and came back out and the entire car was filled with smoke. Idk why I didn't just let it burn)

By time we got rid of it the engine ran great but the windows, door locks, and myriad of other things inside didnt work. Only had 80k miles.

• SBARC unpinned this topic