the 'Merican travelling goodies box

So, Silly question guys, Are we looking at reversing the schedule?

The only reason I have brought this up is it presents a differing box of goodies for people.

Either way I am still in.

William G

I'm not clear on the established list for next time either based on all the discussion that took place earlier. Reversing the schedule means that BAH would get the box back after it only made it's way to me, which means there would be a limited number of new items in there for him to pick through (only those which I put in). It would be almost as bad for all people after BAH who would have just seen the box more recently and by the time it got to it's last stop it would have been twice as long a time since the original number 1 guy had it.

I'm not a big fan of reversing the rotation but if that is what the majority want to do than we'll do that.

I'm not clear on the established list for next time either based on all the discussion that took place earlier. Reversing the schedule means that BAH would get the box back after it only made it's way to me, which means there would be a limited number of new items in there for him to pick through (only those which I put in). It would be almost as bad for all people after BAH who would have just seen the box more recently and by the time it got to it's last stop it would have been twice as long a time since the original number 1 guy had it.

I'm not a big fan of reversing the rotation but if that is what the majority want to do than we'll do that.

Sounds like we have a few new faces coming in this round so there should be some new stuff being added. Not sure how that will work though as the box is only going to get bigger. Jason perhaps you should purge some of the stuff that has been in there all 3 rounds or something and free up space? either list them for free on the boards here or donate them to a local modeling club or something? Idk.

Sounds like we have a few new faces coming in this round so there should be some new stuff being added. Not sure how that will work though as the box is only going to get bigger. Jason perhaps you should purge some of the stuff that has been in there all 3 rounds or something and free up space? either list them for free on the boards here or donate them to a local modeling club or something? Idk.

I have no problem purging stuff that I put in. As for other folks stuff, I'll post on here what has made several rounds and they can either tell me to purge it and we'll figure out what to do or they can remove it when the box gets to them next. I can also hold onto the stuff and introduce it in a couple of rounds when perhaps some new folks will have an interest.

We have two new people. I'm going to plug them in where they fall geographically and post the rotation at which point we can have a discussion regarding how to go about the next round.

I'd say just keep it moving in the same direction without a reversal. Probably with the new additions to the rotation I don't think we'll really see much of the same stuff going around again.

John

John, I'm in total agreement with you.

Box arrived at my location yesterday afternoon. It's bloated. Enormous. Way too big. The box itself is shot so as well as having gotten wet (we had mixed rain, sleet and snow here yesterday) so I'm going to replace it. Adding more content will likely push us into a bigger box that may require the USPS large package surcharge. Therefore, I am removing most, if not all of the stuff I personally put in there at the beginning of the last round as a lot of it is still there. That will bring it down considerably. There is also a 1/72 Revell B-24 kit that has made a couple of rounds and probably should be removed. And the Raider's Coach weird car model has been in there since the beginning and probably should be removed. Not sure who owns either of those but please consider removing them when the box next reaches you.

I'm going to see what I have for shipping boxes in my basement and try to play Tetris with the stuff this weekend and try to get it back out early next week. I'll post the new shipping order this weekend at some point.

I put the raiders coach in there and will pull it out when it gets here. I'd be interested in the b-24 though if it makes it to me. If it doesn't, no worries. Such is the way of the box. LOL

John

John, do you have any interest in the two Camaro car kits I have in there? They are still available and I'll leave them in there if you want to grab them.

John, do you have any interest in the two Camaro car kits I have in there? They are still available and I'll leave them in there if you want to grab them.

I'll take one of them, thanks. Don't worry about the kit box though. If you want to just bag them it is fine with me. I'll redo it as a rally car. :)

John

please note I also spent some time taping up boxes on kits again.

If you add a kit to the box, please make sure its sealed up well as parts have fallen about, out, etc.

Bummer it got wet, I've always tried to keep the decals near the top to prevent them from getting ruined.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys the box is reconciled and ready to go. I was able to find a box big enough to fit everything but there isn't much excess space. Just a reminder everybody should try to take something as they put something in to keep it balancing as it travels along.

Right now, I am finalizing the address list. Is everyone in for this round? If you are not going to be able to participate please try let us know here in the thread within the next day or so.

The reconciliation was a little tricky this time. There were a couple of things in the box not on the list (so I am not sure who they belong to) and a couple of things on the list that apparently were not crossed off by whomever took them. If we could get better and remember to tighten up the list as we send the box along it would make the reconciliation a speedier process.

Here is the current shipping order, if everybody could please check in to confirm yay or nay on participation for this round that would be great.

1.2qwik4u - MD

2.Model-Junkie - MD

3.wh1skea - TN

4.Sebastian Haff - GA

5.HeavyArty - GA

6.warthoglvr - FL

7.William G - FL

8.Pastafarian - TX

9.Dax - OK

10.Shawn M - MO

11.Bigasshammm - OH

12.JasonW - MA