the 'Merican travelling goodies box

• 2 weeks later...

I an also thinking maybe we break into 2? 1/72nd and smaller and 1/48 and larger... then if you only build 1/48 and up you can get box A and 1/72 and smaller box B, and if you build both then you can be on both lists.... What do you all think?

OK, will continue pressing forward. It has been on the backburner the last week or so as I have family visiting and it is warming up here, so we are breaking out of the cabin fever. Sorry for the delay guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been in contact with shadoweng. Basically what's in the box isn't worth the $20 shipping. I told him that I have a bunch of stuff I could put in just to get it going again. Wanted to check with you guys first see if anyone is even still interested, or should we just declare the thread dead. Anyone interested? Suggestions? What say you?

There is still a few decent things in the box. Most of the kits are rather old that are left in there... I will take some photos of what was in it. There is some Steel Beach and mostly 1/72 kits. I will send the pics to Sebastian.

• 1 month later...

I guess I can start sending out some PMs. Seems folks either haven't been checking the forum or they're not interested. If not, maybe we could start a mini-round with Lancing_Prowler, Shadoweng, William G, and myself. Maybe that would prompt the regulars to come back or newcomers to jump in.

I'm down. Id be willing to get the box together and send it off on its maiden voyage. My question is, what would be the limits for this box? How big should it be? Can we include kits or just smaller stuff? Obviously we wanna keep shipping to a minimum, $20 or so?

I'm down. Id be willing to get the box together and send it off on its maiden voyage. My question is, what would be the limits for this box? How big should it be? Can we include kits or just smaller stuff? Obviously we wanna keep shipping to a minimum, $20 or so?

Thanks for your offer but there's already a box in existence , it just hit a couple of snags along the perilous way, and a round that should have taken about four months has turned into well over one year. It's why I assume so many have checked out. The box is in Shadoweng's capable hands awaiting further instructions. So far the shipping has been $11-$14 depending on the next recipient's distance from you. Some swaps have even been FTF, and it goes in geographical order to keep shipping down. and pretty much skirts the Atlantic seaboard with the occasional jaunt out

West. On that point, which city do you live in? With that info we can start putting a reasonable route together for us jolly four as a starting point. I have a feeling that once it's rolling, more are likely to jump aboard.

Any other questions/comments? Pretty much flying blind at the moment but with much hope of resurrecting the once mighty Goody Box. Thanks again Lancing for taking some initiative. We need more of that, it seems, on our little forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SBARC unpinned this topic