the 'Merican travelling goodies box

I like armor from about Vietnam onward. In addition to the mainline stuff, I really like jerry rigged vehicles (vietnam and early oef guntrucks & gotta build one of those Cuban sa-2's mounted on a t-55 hull). I'd really like to build an early concept Bradley to put next to an initial production bradley. Lots o' ideas in that area. But I build pretty much anything that catches my eye. I've been painting on one of those 1/72 Lindburg I-53's. Don't care if it's accurate, it's huge! LoL

I have an M1A1 in the stash that is coming up in the que after I finish painting a couple others. You're the same age as me right (36). Were you in right after Desert Storm?

The new guy in alabama is Datsun74.

John

I like armor from about Vietnam onward. In addition to the mainline stuff, I really like jerry rigged vehicles (vietnam and early oef guntrucks & gotta build one of those Cuban sa-2's mounted on a t-55 hull). I'd really like to build an early concept Bradley to put next to an initial production bradley. Lots o' ideas in that area. But I build pretty much anything that catches my eye. I've been painting on one of those 1/72 Lindburg I-53's. Don't care if it's accurate, it's huge! LoL

I have an M1A1 in the stash that is coming up in the que after I finish painting a couple others. You're the same age as me right (36). Were you in right after Desert Storm?

The new guy in alabama is Datsun74.

John

Geez, where are you going to put the I-53? We have one at the shop that I have been kind of checking out and thinking about, but SWMBO would kill me if I tried to bring that four foot long box in the house. :)

I'm a couple of years older (38), but in the same ballpark. I went in shortly after Gulf War I. I spent several years on M1A1's before I got out and went National Guard. Got out back in 2004.

It's parked in its spot already. There's not any putting it back in the box once you start (it ends up being a little over 5 feet).

These are shelves and brackets from Lowes. The shelves are 6 feet long. I need to pick up 3 shorter ones since the fish tank moved there. :)

Alot of people gripe about the top hatches being wayyy over scale (and they are), but if you put the sub at eye level, no one will notice anyway.

2011-04-22_15-18-40_157.jpg

hi gang, im back at home waiting for the box!

I'll be adding some plastic, decals and a copy of "The Verlinden Way Vol. III, On Plastic Wings"

I'll post up when it arrives, has the routing changed?

Jason would you shoot me a PM with who it goes to next?

Thanks gang!

Wohoo!

Got the box, holy cow its PACKED!

Added:

The Verlinden Way, VOL III On Plastic Wings

USN Phantoms In Combat, Vietnam Studies Group by Lou Drendel

Squadron Signal #115 F-117 In Action

1/24(?) Aoshima RX-7 Savannah Daytona 24hr Kit, complete in box

1/32 Dragon P-51D Aux tanks (metal type)

1/48 Paragon RAF 100 Squadron B-24 vac nose and resin flame traps

1/32 Acadamy F-16 CG/CJ Smokeded clear sprue compete

1/32 Revell AIM-9's with rails from AH-64A

1/48 Testors by Cartograph P-47D decals

1/72 Unknown manuf. HH-60 Seahawk decals - complete

1/35 Tamiya WW2 Jerry cans plus kit decals x20

1/32 Eagle Strike Augsburgs Flyers Part IV #32038- complete

1/35 Tamiya JSDF Type 90 Turret Basket PE

1/24 Aifix Electric Motor and prop shaft

1/48 Testors P-47 Cowling

Removed:

Revell 1/48 P-38- THANK YOU!

Academy 1/144 F-14- THANK YOU!

Eduard ACH47 PE- THANK YOU!

I will get it out in the mail asap, am I following the directions to send to RB211 or am I re-diverting?

Edited by Shawn M

I will get it out in the mail asap, am I following the directions to send to RB211 or am I re-diverting?

Shawn, we haven't heard from RB211 here on the thread in a bit. I'm going to PM him right now, if we don't hear back by tomorrow we'll bypass and send it to the next guy.

okey dokey, I'll send it out to you tomorrow.

Roger that. I just heard back from RB211 via PM, he is traveling for work for the next three weeks or so starting soon so he said to bypass and we'll see where we are at next time around.

If you'd all have me I'd like to get involved with this as well. I'll pm jasonw my info and such. I'm fine with being dropped to the bottom of the list or whatever. I had no idea what this was when I saw the title but now read through every page and wow.

K

Dax, thats odd! Maybe one of the moderators can chime in with some info.

BAH, duder you've missed out! We have some killer bits getting moved about.

Jason, we doing a round 2?

Im still in :)

Guys, I had been operating under the impression we'd just keep sending it around. The box is on it's way to me so I'll wait to get everybody confirmed, make up the new list and get it back in circulation. First step, I guess we should confirm those that want to stay on the list and those who want to drop out.

Until we figure out the RB211 situation we'll hold off on sending to him. I'll PM Steve to see if I can get any insight into that situation.

BAH, I've got your info and added you to the list.

Jason,

Box was pretty beat, might be time for a fresh one.

Not a problem, I've got several in the basement I keep on hand for sending models out when I sell so we should be okay. I also can get one from the shipping department at work if need be.

I figured it would just be a perpetual thing also. I think it would be fine if anyone would like to opt out for a while and back in later. We haven't reached the "blood in, blood out" stage yet. Oh, oops, I don't think I was supposed to reveal that yet. haha

Looking at the inventory, it looks like by the time it gets back to me most of the original stuff will be rotated out for new stuff.

John

Okay guys, RB211 was in fact banned. I guess we'll take him off the list since he is no longer a member.

Let's have a roll call of those still in for the second round. I'm in, patafarian, Shawn M, Bigasshammm and warthoglvr in for the next round. Who else is still on board? Going forward should we just assume people are going to stay in unless we post here otherwise?

• SBARC unpinned this topic