the 'Merican travelling goodies box

I'd like to contribute to your box. I will get with Andy (Warthoglvr) at our next club meeting and provide some 1/48 scale items like decals and a couple of older update sets that someone might want. They are from my personal stash so theirs not going to be anything recent, but I am sure someone can find a use for them.

Regards,

Robert

How about the next round goes the other way?

1.Bigasshammm - OH

2.Shawn M - MO

3.Dax - OK

4.William G - FL

5.warthoglvr - FL

6.Sebastian Haff - GA

7.wh1skea - TN

8.2qwik4u - MD

9.JasonW - MA

Jason ya aint last because you are always the first. wow you are the Alpha and Omega of the box of goodness...

This way we also have a chance to trade some of the choice items by giving others a chance to get the goodies?

William G

Edited by William G

How about the next round goes the other way?

1.Bigasshammm - OH

2.Shawn M - MO

3.Dax - OK

4.William G - FL

5.warthoglvr - FL

6.Sebastian Haff - GA

7.wh1skea - TN

8.2qwik4u - MD

9.JasonW - MA

Jason ya aint last because you are always the first. wow you are the Alpha and Omega of the box of goodness...

This way we also have a chance to trade some of the choice items by giving others a chance to get the goodies?

William G

I'm sort of last and first by default. I don't mind shipping it to BAH in OH if that is what you mean by reversing the list. As I mentioned before, I usually plan the route based on distances to/from each state to try to minimize the shipping cost, but reversing the list still does that so I'm okay with it if that is what you guys want to do.

did I get skipped this round?

William, I am good with reversing the order for sure.

Shawn, you didn't get skipped that I am aware of, you were near the bottom of the list on this round. The box has been out of the loop for over a week due to some work commitments for wh1skea. It is back on it's way now and Sebastian Haff has it and will have it back out on Friday.

Oh, and William G, FYI we will have to add pastafarian back into the rotation, so we can figure out where it makes sense to plug him into the reversed order when the box makes it back to home base.

I'm already planning a few things to add to the box. I won't get too carried away this time. :)

We're still on this rotation yes?

Lineup as follows:

1.2qwik4u - MD

2.wh1skea - TN

3.Sebastian Haff - GA

4.warthoglvr - FL

5.William G - FL

6.Dax - OK

7.Shawn M - MO

8.Bigasshammm - OH

9.JasonW - MA

Still a long way to get to me. :(

I wouldn't want to get it right after sending it to Jason again though. Maybe next round we pull a random order? I don't think shipping costs vary more than a couple bucks but I could be wrong.

I guess I'd stay between WilliamG in Florida and Dax in Oklahoma. We got some stuff down in Texas from Oklahoma last week anyway, so switching directions makes sense. LOL

photo.jpg

I assume you were in a building when this was coming? :blink:

I will see if I can find the picture I took, but I was sitting on top of my tank eating an MRE when something similar started barreling in on our position. I took a quick picture before we all dropped down inside the tank and buttoned up.

About fifteen-twenty minutes later it was over and there was a fine layer of sand/dust over everything. I had abandoned my MRE on top of the turret in haste, what didn't get blown away probably would have tasted better with the sand anyhow.... :)

random could be fun...

Jason, please provide a pic if you can. What kinda tank you ride?

Shawn, I used to ride around in M1A1 Abrams tanks back in my active duty days. That was about 10-12 years ago. And although NOT a tank, I also did some time in the artillery on M-109's in the National Guard. After that I went infantry in the Guard (probably not the smartest thing I ever did....) :)

I found the picture, but have to scan it as it was taken on a disposable film camera (pre-digital camera back then....).

I need to take a couple of pics of my Abrams that I've been working on to get you to critique it Jason. I got the Legend stowage set and actually ran out of room for tacking everything on there. haha How did you guys hold everything on top of the turret? Right now if my tank takes a hard bump, everything is going to fly off!

John

Hey guys, just checking in. If I'm not mistaken, I'm coming up on the rotation and wanted to let whoever is before me (William G?) know that its gonna be tricky and hit or miss to get the package between 11/9 and 11/15 for me. Not sure of the timing, but if its not too much an inconvenience it would be great if you could hold it if need be, or skip me in the rotation and get me back in whenever. Either way works.

Hey, guys.

Here's the update:

Removed:

1/48 Testors Laird Solution

1/48 Pro Modeler WWII Ground Equipment

1/48 Academy AH-64 Apache

1/48 Apache Decals

1/72 Italeri Rafaele B

1/72 Hasegawa EA-6 Prowler

Half of the wine foil

Added:

1/32 Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-43 Nakajima "Oscar"-Manchoukuo Air Force

1/48 Testors Bearcat With Eduard Interior/Exterior PE

1/72 Hobbycraft H-121 Workhorse With CMK Resin Helicopter Crew

1/72 PM Su-21F Flagon

Footnote on the CMK heli crew, there is a pour stub with heads and an M-16 missing. It's here somewhere and I'll send it to whoever ends up with it. I just didn't have time to dig for it.

I was trying to do my part in emptying the box, but I hope I didn't short-change you guys.

Box went out yesterday to warthoglvr, and should be there Monday.

Delvery Confirmation# 0311 1660 0022 0402 5935

I don't know if I saw that in the box. What is it exactly?

There was a lot of little sheets of this green iridescent film I cut up and use for MFD's and the like

If you dont see any in the box it may have been put into come of the other areas

I can add more when it hits me

Also Sebastian PM me your addy and I will send ya some as well

William G

I've never used wine foil before, but I hear it's great stuff. Maybe I'll feel like less of a cheat if I use it instead of PE.

It makes seat belts very easy and other shapes. I just used it to repair a carb intake scoop I botched.

This cowl ring is like nickle size...

6320426934_5d0e94547c_z.jpg

seat belts in 1/35

5573534253_ff118e9fc2_z.jpg

Edited by Shawn M

It makes seat belts very easy and other shapes. I just used it to repair a carb intake scoop I botched.

This cowl ring is like nickle size...

6320426934_5d0e94547c_z.jpg

seat belts in 1/35

5573534253_ff118e9fc2_z.jpg

Very nice. I'm going to use it to make belts for a MASH Bell H-13 I have in progress. I'll post some pics when I do.

• SBARC unpinned this topic