Greetings! (It's been awhile),

As an avid viewer of BBC's show Top Gear, one of the things I look for are the types of aircraft parked around the airfield track where The Stig and various celebrities race the clock. Here, Boris Becker is sliding backwards, while an odd 747 sits in the background.

TopGear747.jpg

This plane has four podded engines on the inboard pylons, and tanks on the outboard ones.

Anyone know of this configuration?

Derickson

They also cut a little bit here and there from the Three Wise Men trip. You see the Turkish border guards get all ticked at Hammond for bringing a large calibre bullet shaped lighter through customs, but they don't show the bit where May and Clarkson picked it up for him in Iraq. Not to mention all the little blurry hand gestures in spots on various episodes (and blurred artwork shaped like parts of male anatomy). So when BBC America says "uncut" they should really say "slightly cut".

(and blurred artwork shaped like parts of male anatomy). So when BBC America says "uncut" they should really say "slightly cut".

If it were blurred.. I would not have thought that that much detail was obvious! ;) (eek)

I note that that episode did not appear to have the censoring, that you mentioned, here in Australia.

They also cut a little bit here and there from the Three Wise Men trip. You see the Turkish border guards get all ticked at Hammond for bringing a large calibre bullet shaped lighter through customs, but they don't show the bit where May and Clarkson picked it up for him in Iraq. Not to mention all the little blurry hand gestures in spots on various episodes (and blurred artwork shaped like parts of male anatomy). So when BBC America says "uncut" they should really say "slightly cut".

i laughed out lout at the end of that episode, baby stig... :P

The third episode in the current series had a nice bit where they stopped in the grave of the Cold War Albanian Air Force. Dozens of silver MiG-15s, 17s, and 19s (and the Chinese equivalents) lining the road. It's kind of sad to see that and the state of the modern Albanian nation. I'd bet there is more aluminum tied up in those aircraft than in the entire active Albanian economy.