Trevor Bayne, weird name. Sounds like the name of some kid who plays D&D or WoW online. He can drive though and had a great car and he was also VERY lucky. John over at Speed TV called it this morning on NASCAR Raceday when he picked the kid to win it all while the others picked favorites. I admit, I wasn't expecting it, but I did gain interest as I would sneek a peak at work and see his name in the top 10 and wondered who this kid was.

LOVED its paintjob as it reminded me of other great drivers that drove the red topped Wood Brothers cars, such as Pearson and Bonnett (with Buddy Baker, Benny Parsons and Dale Jarrett driving the 21 in other paintjobs). The numerologists are going to have a field day with this win as on his 20th year and 1 day on the Earth, Trevor Bayne drove car #21 to victory in the 2011 Daytona 500.

I managed to watch the last 10 laps as I got off work and found a TV to view it on. It was about what I expected as the race was a two car draft session with lots of little wrecks and a big one (sort of a repeat of the Bud Shootout). Looks like I didn't have to watch much of the race prior to the end as not too much happened of note except for Gordon and Johnson getting knocked out (but in years Johnson sucks at Daytona, he wins the championship anyway). And like the "Jelly Shrub" (KY Busch), I also knew it was likely going to end in a green white checker as well. They were getting crazy at the end. The storylines played out with cars getting wrecked, Junior getting wrecked (again). The ending was not what I expected with Stewart on the outside, but something either broke in his car or the one that was pushing him as I expected him to freight train Trevor. It didn't happen though.

Also, it is nice to see a Ford on top again!!!