Anyone know whats up with spruemonster.com?

I'll ping the owner. I know he's been swamped with his real job, but hopefully he can get things sorted.

(and in terms of geography, I'm a 7-minute drive away, and it's not working for me either. :thumbsup:)

Its down for me as well. I have sent a few inquiries through the site recently asking about the future of the site since he stopped posting. I never got a single reply which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

I had over 300 items listed there. I would at least like an opportunity to pull my list one last time if he is shutting the site down.

Overall, I really liked the site concept. I hope its just a temporary glitch.

Edited by minuteman1636
Its down for me as well. I have sent a few inquiries through the site recently asking about the future of the site since he stopped posting. I never got a single reply which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

I had over 300 items listed there. I would at least like an opportunity to pull my list one last time if he is shutting the site down.

Overall, I really liked the site concept. I hope its just a temporary glitch.

Yeah, I've got several hundred items listed there too (my whole stash), and it took a lot of time to add everything. The site has always worked well and it's a great way to keep your stash organized.

Okay, I can connect to the site if I use it's IP address 67.59.137.216, but not if I use it's Domain Name Spruemonster.com. So it looks like the problem is a DNS server has failed. This is why some can connect and others can not. The ones that can connect are going through a different name server to connect to the site.

Edited by Unit19
Just a thought. If I recall....it's been about a year since that site was launched.

Curious if maybe their domain registration forgot to get renewed?

Exceedingly dangerous if that was the case. I own a number of domains and if I choose to let one expire, they're normally eaten up by a bot the second they're available. I then get about 100 canned emails from them telling me that I now have to go through them (and pay their "transfer fees") if I want to renew.

If you have a domain that is important to you, never let it expire.

• 3 weeks later...