L'ultima Diana, the last Diana, F-16 ADF MM7236

One year ago I was on my table with a pencil tring to draw a Special tail to celebrate the disbandemnet of my favorite Wing. At that time it was just a dream but it come true against all odds.

The worst and most difficoult part was getting the draw approved and to satisfly the whishes of pilots and crew chiefs. We got the GO ON only 6 days before the delivery date so we had to work 15 hours a day including Sunday and Saturday. We also didn't had the time to print masks for Diana, so I had to paint her freehand with my Aztek airbrush. By luck I could use laquer panits so the sprying was fine enought.

Now, after a year I can present you my rendering in 32 scale of this bird thanks to Bob Sanchez that made one of the best decals sheet ever.

About colours please mind: we just repainted the tail and the arrow around the cokpit area and radome, the rest of the airframe have not seen a paintshop in 7 years since it left Hill AFB Utha. But we also washed carefully the intake and landing gear bays so you can keep them quite clean.

2cftjxh.jpg

2qmeyz8.jpg

2qi61wo.jpg

70jmg1.jpg

bbcsx.jpg

Edited by Paolo Maglio
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Paolo!

Very nice scale rendering of the full scale Diana :thumbsup:

These are definitely the markings that I will use for my second F-16ADF from Hasegawa's 1/72 ANG Combo kit!

Can you tell us please what's with that book in your pictures? What does it contain and where can one get it? That IS a book, right? :)

Cheers!

Niki

Can you tell us please what's with that book in your pictures? What does it contain and where can one get it? That IS a book, right? :)/>

Cheers!

Niki

Hi Niki, thank you for your kind words, the book is one I made using on line service by HP-Snapfish since I could not find a real publisher. It is a collection of photos we made while painting the tail with our comments and impressions it also has several in action shots of Diana during her brief life from April 15TH to June 4TH. Unfortunately price of on line printing is very high and each copy cost me more tham 50 euros.. :bandhead2: