L'ultima Diana, the last Diana, F-16 ADF MM7236

• 7 months later...

the legend of Diana lives on, here you will find full story of this project (also in English) and cool pics of the new Duth Diana.

Watching and reading the magazine is FREE, downloading costs 2.oo euros.

Hope you like it. :woot.gif:

• 6 months later...

the legend of Diana lives on, here you will find full story of this project (also in English) and cool pics of the new Duth Diana.

Watching and reading the magazine is FREE, downloading costs 2.oo euros.

Hope you like it. :woot.gif:/>

Can you provide the link again,for that magazine?

Oh mama mia! Again you made one of my favorite Vipers!!! I still can not decide if I should take the two bobs decals or the Eduard boxing containing the Diana decals too! :stupid:

Backdating a Tamiya Viper is a good idea, but so far what I like to know: how is your impression combining the Eduard Brassin stuff to the Tamiya plastic / kit? About fit and accuracy? OFC no doubt, the actual AIRES molding is superb!

For my turkish Viper I m not absolutely happy to add the Eduard stuff - the fit is sometimes a challenge and needs some work, how about yours?

:salute:

Oh mama mia! Again you made one of my favorite Vipers!!! I still can not decide if I should take the two bobs decals or the Eduard boxing containing the Diana decals too! :stupid:/>

Backdating a Tamiya Viper is a good idea, but so far what I like to know: how is your impression combining the Eduard Brassin stuff to the Tamiya plastic / kit? About fit and accuracy? OFC no doubt, the actual AIRES molding is superb!

For my turkish Viper I m not absolutely happy to add the Eduard stuff - the fit is sometimes a challenge and needs some work, how about yours?

:salute:/>

Well, I have to recomand to buy the two Bobs decals for two reasons: Eduard didn't contact me to produce them and made two big mistakes: some details like my name and name of pilot and Crew Chiefs has been printed in light gray while colour was silver laquer. There are also some minor mistakes in the colours and proportion of Diana art since Eduard printed her from photos taken from the ground, not perpendicular.

That said I have to add that the PE set in the Eduard kit is very good and the only one with correct sniffer plates for the ADF variant. Never tried the Aires resin parts on a Viper but those by Eduard Brassin fits perfectly to the Tamiya kit and I especially loved the resin burner can and tyres.

We are still missing a good ADF tailwith ADF bulges and that is the only problem for any ADF modelling in 48 and 32 scale. :bandhead2: :bandhead2:

Thank you for the link Paolo :thumbsup:

At the moment I'm in the proces of doing Diana from Eduard Nato Falcons. As I know,this is Kinetic copy of Tamiya F-16 so overall it will be ok.

But unfortunally,cockpit panel is wrong for ADF,so that will be only bad thing in my model. I don't want to complicate too much,because aside that,it will look

pretty much as original Diana.

One thing,I painted the tail with Anthracitgrau (RAL7016) as told on TwoBobs decals, but to me ,that color looks somehow too gray. On the real pictures of Diana,it looks like

color is more darker,more black... don't know,I suppose it just the camera ,light...

Revell 9 would be a good color, I think, Woody! I also have a Kinetik F-16 AM in my stash and think of making it to an ADF "Diana", many important parts are already in the box for an ADF. Ofc you have convert the IP and the landing gear (landing lights on the main gear struts, you can take Tamiya parts or metal gear from scale aircraft conversion when you are not into scratch building), correct the nose droop (already done with other kit, no real problem).

I already thought of taking the PE set from Eduard for the hasegawa F-16A plus...probably closer to an ADF than the MLU cockpit from Kinetic?

Somewhere I remember a pic Diana with a colorful travelpod...that's I like (travel pod comes from Hasegawa Viper kit).

Gracie Paolo for the info...so I will keep my 2bobs sheet (and will take Eduard sheet for the danish viper!).

I think most of the parts are here in this Eduard kit for ADF. Lights on MLG are provided,bird slicers are nicely done in PE,correct plates,bulged parts are ok,etc.

I already removed gps dome,filled right panels under canopy...

What about nose droop you mention,can you provide some detail about it?

I will not complicated about cockpit,because I alredy finnish it,and don't want to order another parts,wait for it (btw,can't order ADF cockpit nowhere as I know)... but I will try to do rest of the plane

as good as I can.

Diana has very nice yellow travel pods,but I will skip on it.

Sierra Hotel resin announced to make a ADF pit...but still not available.

Nose droop...the Kinetik Viper nose is hanging down unlike Tamiya. Here in the ARC forums is a thread about it.

hereee.....http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=170347&st=0&p=1579419entry1579419

Ofc the Kinetik kit is not perfect, but also Tamiya is not perfect and has also fit issues! It by far not the "holy" Viper kit!

Good luck making a Viper!

Well, I bought RAL7016 in the paint shop and spry it without any modification over a white base. When finished we bushed a large amount of Future all over the tail to protect the laquers.

That said I notice that the RAL7016 looks almost dark green on neon lights, bluish if the sky was clear (since Future was reflecting the blue) and just dark gray when cloudy.

The cockpit was just like those of Block 15 so you need to remove one flat schreen and add 2 -3 more dials instruments, note the camera is in front of the HUN not behind it, I published a photo of it in my photoalbum about F-16A ADF here on ARC.

About travel pods: Diana was short lived and only used them one: on June 4th 2010 she was suited with two travel pods for the last flight from Cervia. Yellow travel pod was under the right wing while one borrower from USAFE was under the left wing. Pods were full of RBF flags and the books for all the F-16 in the last flight.

Glad to know that someone else il modelling l'Ultima Diana, I'm doing another one in 72 scale right now! :rolleyes:

about different colour plates: on top fuselage there were a few areas suffering for corrosion, these were covered with a dark gray bi-component resin compound:

230bn.jpg

286qy3a.jpg

Edited by Paolo Maglio