Venimous Viper! F-16 A NSAWC Aggressor

Hi all guys! here I am to present my last work... an F-16 A NSAWC Aggressor!

The kit is the old but good Hasegawa... and this aftermarket:

- Black Box Cockpit.

- Aires exhaust & wheel bays.

- Cutting Edge Seamless NSI intake.

- Master pitor & AOA sensors.

- Eduard exterior & interior photoetch.

- 2Bobs decal.

The AN/ALQ-167 ECM pod was completely scratch-built! do you think about my Viper? hope you appreciate it. Thank you for your comment! :worship:

Cheers Valerio frome Rome - Italy.

5465842832_39fc4f4664_b.jpg

5465246419_51ff6e405b_b.jpg

5465246043_828a8c96fb_b.jpg

5465245639_9c9a8b4b17_b.jpg

5465843146_f13e56d7a6_b.jpg

5465244397_988aee5e52_b.jpg

Edited by Starfighter84

I agree with gonzalo! Especially the nozzle is fabulous! What I doubt about is the AN/ALQ 188 not hanging in the centerline and the purple(?) color. But for a scratchbuilt pod it looks good!!!!

I agree with gonzalo! Especially the nozzle is fabulous! What I doubt about is the AN/ALQ 188 not hanging in the centerline and the purple(?) color. But for a scratchbuilt pod it looks good!!!!

NSAWC tends to hang their bullwinkles (That's a -167, NOT a -188, as you've called it, tobiK, by the way) from a wing station vice the centerline, which is more common for the USAF aggressors, so the positioning (and pod type) is correct. As far as the color goes, I wouldn't call it 'purple'; but perhaps it is a little darker blue than the norm...same with the CATM-9 'blue tube'. Concur the scratch work looks excellent. Nice bird!

Edited by Harv

Oh man, I LOVE THIS MODEL!!! What a job you have done here Valerio!! I absolutely like everything about it but I particularly like the Aires exhaust. It looks terrific!

A most excellent rendition of an NSAWC bird.

Rob

Edited by TOPGUN
Valerio magnificent!!! :jaw-dropping:

Any chance to see your model in mid-April at Euroma? ;)

:cheers: Gianni

Ciao Gianni! in quei giorni dovrei lavorare... ma un salto alla mostra lo farò in ogni caso. I modelli li porto se trovo il tempo di liberarmi dai turni... mi farebbe piacere ma non assicuro nulla!

Grazie per i complimenti!

Fantastic work. Can you post what colors you used on the exhaust? I am working on the big Tamiya Viper and that would come in handy!!

On the exhaust I used the Alclad. Following, all the steps:

1) Alclad Steel overall.

2) masking for the retraction's zones of the nozzles.

3) I mixed up 80% of Pale Burnt Metal Alclad & 20% of Steel Alclad and airbrush the mix on the exhaust.

4) over the mixed metallic color, I gently airbrushed some Pale Burnt Metal very thinned with acetone (I used the common acetone for nails... I stole it from my girlfriend!).

For the inside I used the Flat White Tamiya with a large washing with Van Dyck Brown and some Tamiya weathering master.

5364933447_07ca1cc8c8_b.jpg

That's all!

And this are some pictures of the scratc built AN/ALQ-167 pod:

5365545942_fc7c45d036_b.jpg

I started from a circular wood rod.

5365549416_7657b9927b_b.jpg

5365549130_b0c04ccfaf_b.jpg

• 8 months later...