Sprue Brothers package tracking..

I have noticed that for the past few months that the "Package Tracking" option never works on the Order Status page. It just says "USPS tracking is unavailable. Please try again later". It's been like this for a number of months.

Is this just me or does anyone else get the same problem? I know I can just go to the USPS website and track it there, but it would be nice if the feature worked on the SB website.

Comments?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

P.S.

I'm not sure if I should let Gordon know about this problem. He probably already knows about it, and is out of his hands.

usps tracking isn't the greatest to begin with, not like ups or fedex. while the package might be well on its way, the time it takes in information to make it into the tracking software can be up to a day or two(least in my experience)

Same here. I've had packages that were already in my hands still showing as 'in transit' on their tracking.

I have noticed that for the past few months that the "Package Tracking" option never works on the Order Status page. It just says "USPS tracking is unavailable. Please try again later". It's been like this for a number of months.

Is this just me or does anyone else get the same problem? I know I can just go to the USPS website and track it there, but it would be nice if the feature worked on the SB website.

Comments?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

P.S.

I'm not sure if I should let Gordon know about this problem. He probably already knows about it, and is out of his hands.

It appears from what Gordon tells me its an isolated issue for you as he has not had any other reports from others. The USPS system is not the best and even when I interface it through my system it too will go down for long periods of time. The USPS performs updates and patches but often is slow to inform its subscribers of any changes they must make to interact with their system properly. Most retailers are aware of this, that is why many provide the actual tracking number so you can track it for yourself on the shippers website. Don't look for the USPS to improve anytime soon...they are broke.

Little while ago same thing happened to me with an order from SB. Not that I really cared for tracking, any package from SB arrived in record time and like Sunliner said, most times I had the package in my hands before USPS updated the tracking info.

Emil

Here's a perfect example...part I ordered from a supplier just delivered by my letter carrier. Item still shows awaiting processing at the origin postal facility in NYC. It shipped five days ago...or so I was notified it had shipped. Either way its here, the delivery gal didn't even scan it to show it was being delivered. Gotta love the USPS's attention to detail!