More from English Россия

I've already purchased the FIVE 1:72 scale tanks that I intend to place in front of the An-225 - ready for when the Amodel kit comes along.

During some of the early record-breaking attemps with the An-225, they used billets of steel of varying weights to make different climbs to altitude for different records.

Then someone realised that it was very labour intensive, loading and unloading the weighted pallets - so had the bright idea of using the tanks...

3 X T-72's and 2 X T-80's (IIRC) - they were used as self-loading weights - making up a total of 250 tonnes :thumbsup:

There's a photo somewhere of the Mriya on a ramp with the visor open and the five tanks parked in front - what a diorama :crying2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-225

Come on Amodel....... :coolio::woot.gif:

Ken

I've already purchased the FIVE 1:72 scale tanks that I intend to place in front of the An-225 - ready for when the Amodel kit comes along.

During some of the early record-breaking attemps with the An-225, they used billets of steel of varying weights to make different climbs to altitude for different records.

Then someone realised that it was very labour intensive, loading and unloading the weighted pallets - so had the bright idea of using the tanks...

3 X T-72's and 2 X T-80's (IIRC) - they were used as self-loading weights - making up a total of 250 tonnes :woot.gif:

There's a photo somewhere of the Mriya on a ramp with the visor open and the five tanks parked in front - what a diorama :coolio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-225

Come on Amodel....... :pray::worship:

Ken

It is a truely amazing and awe inspiring machine.

Ive seen it a few times, the one I remember was at Luton airport... I remember it because it dwarfed everything around it... even the buildings where put into perspective...

I think my girl would love a model of this one... even allow it in the living room LOL ))