Revell 1/72 Boeing P-26A

I took a break from everything else on the bench and whipped this little guy out. The kit is nearly 30 years old (1982), so it has a few issues, but for the most part it was a trouble free build. The decals are from Starfighter decals, I chose a scheme similar to the markings in the kit (but much better quality).

The markings represent a plane from the 94th Pursuit Squadron, Selfridge Field, MI

P261.jpg

P262.jpg

P263.jpg

Edited by Aaronw
Looks really nice Aaron!

How did you handle the cowl ring as that doesn't look like the overly chunky piece in my kit!

It is a resin copy I made from from the Monogram Boeing F4B-4. The Boeing P-12 and P-26 essentially used the same motor and cowl ring, but Revell and Matchbox didn't do nearly as nice a job as Monogram. Drop me a pm if you need one, I have a few made up.

I love Golden Age subjects, more so with yellow wings!

Definitely! Wish more people built them and I wish the limited-run companies would start paying more attention to that era in this scale! It's been getting better in recent years, but there's still a lot of gaps.

BTW -sent you a PM Aaron.