This is a model that my brother built back in the 70's when he was 14 or so . It is of my grandfathers B-17 that he flew in Europe. He had a 7 th grade education and flew all his missions and came home . Amazing man. The model my brother built is pretty good for the age he was when he built it . the ball turret has a man in it and he built the Cheyenne tail gun conversion . Every crew position has a crew member in place that he modified to fit the position DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

I am hoping to make a display pc from it for my mother his daughter . the ravages of time are taking over so I may section it on a wall plague. just the nose and then mount it so it looks nice . If any one has a spare nose Plexiglas I could sure use one . Thanks I will also post some never before seen photos from my grandfathers photo album. Love the work on here and the site !!!

Nice pictures thanks for sharing with us

Your brothers work is impressive. :rofl:

Just a thought, if your idea is to display the model, you could get a box frame (used to display objects vs pictures) and have the front and back of glass, so one could still see both sides of the fuselage.

I'm sure the grues on here will ID the unit etc. soon enough for you

DSC_0195.jpg

Well if the tail markings are correct then that was a 379th bomb group ship.

Found more.

Aircraft was 44-8425 was in the 527th Squadron Code letter FO - T/P (P for this plane apparently due to the tail)

7825 B-17G-65-VE xxx 44-8425

Lots of info HERE.

Edited by Bigasshammm

Yep that is her . The B-17 nose art book does not show that they have a picture of Connie so I must send them one . And the B-17 with the 88 shell hole is the Arkansas Rambler another plane he flew that I have pictures of that I will post tonight . I love the ideal of the picture box with the mirrors i think that would look great .

So one the response to the nose glass is here is my adderss john eng 1021 helena st , depere , wi 54115 I am looking for a windshield glass also so if anyone has a spare let me know I would be glad to cover shipping Thanks all of you I will get more on tonight !!!

Yep that is her . The B-17 nose art book does not show that they have a picture of Connie so I must send them one . And the B-17 with the 88 shell hole is the Arkansas Rambler another plane he flew that I have pictures of that I will post tonight . I love the ideal of the picture box with the mirrors i think that would look great .

So one the response to the nose glass is here is my adderss john eng 1021 helena st , depere , wi 54115 I am looking for a windshield glass also so if anyone has a spare let me know I would be glad to cover shipping Thanks all of you I will get more on tonight !!!

You just need the nose cone that comes standard in the G kits?

and also the G kit windscreen? I have plenty of both just let me know for sure and I'll try n bag something up.

Not having much luck with the USPS not breaking small clear parts though so may have to improvise.

Where did those figures come from? It's cool that they have a figure for each position but they're not in flight gear which is odd.

Could build a cool training ship with them I'm thinking.

I hear they have figures for 1/48. too bad they don't have any for 1/72....

Where did those figures come from? It's cool that they have a figure for each position but they're not in flight gear which is odd.

Could build a cool training ship with them I'm thinking.

The figures where modified by my brother to fit in the locations of the crew . He used monogram figures from different kits to do it

The figures where modified by my brother to fit in the locations of the crew . He used monogram figures from different kits to do it

The Navigator's animation is super! Very talented builder!

I'll check the AK Rambler ( 2845). Looks like a Stateside TB-17 and crew photo beore being assigned as replacements. The crew pictures at that stage were extremely common and the backdrop was often a Train. Osborne will have it listed.

Wally Forman (B-17 NNNA Directory )passed away a few years. His son was answering requests or a while...don't know i he still is or is adding to his Dad's photo collection. Wally's photos covered many types of planes.

I second the thanks for posting.

Phil Marchese

P.S. Osborne page 221 list G-60-BO 42-102845 as 327 Base Unit ( 3rd AF, III BC) 327th (Combat Crew Training Station-Heavy) (III BC) Drew Field, Tampa, Fla.

and (post-war) 301 Base unit Drew Field FLA

Edited by Phil marchese