Is there anyone who can give me some advice on building entirely with resin? Perhaps a 'trick or technique' you use on all resin projects? This is a link to my progress: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=226366 I am poking along-slowly but surely, but it seems like every step I take, I notice a mistake in the kit, or something I did wrong (for example: I learned quickly that resin needs lots of work with regard to fit). I had to use metal pins in the fuselage to expand the wing roots to get them close to flush to the solid-molded wings. Can I use a heat gun to bend things back? One of the tails is severely warped, and I am hesitant to warm it and bend it back. The material seems brittle. It's a steep learning curve for me, and any assistance/advice is gratefully welcomed!

Why didn't you attach this to your build thread??? you might get better response.

Critique Corner is for finished Models.

But I would not use the heat gun, I would emerse it in hot water to straighten out and distortion.

Curt

Looks like you're doing pretty well! I've got a step-by-step thread here , progressing at a glacial pace. I'm finding that getting the main components (including the vac canopy) lined up first is a real help- I can now proceed to the cockpit. Ihope to have a new posting up Sunday evening.

Cheers!

chuk

Why didn't you attach this to your build thread??? you might get better response.

Critique Corner is for finished Models.

But I would not use the heat gun, I would emerse it in hot water to straighten out and distortion.

Curt

Sorry about posting in the wrong spot Curt! This was my first post showing a model in progress. My first experience with PhotoBucket too. I thought the links would help with ARC server space. Thanks for the hot water tip-sounds like it would work great!