Temple of the Golden Pavilion

Hey-

My son, the college student, is currently in Kyoto, Japan on a study abroad program. So the rest of the family went for a visit over the winter break. I picked up this kit as kind of a souvenir. It's a 1/100 scale Fujimi kit of the Kinkakuji Temple, or the "Temple of the Golden Pavilion", which we visited in Kyoto. Beautiful place.

This was a surprisingly nice kit. Nice detail, good fit. The base was a little simple, so I cut off the bottom of the base and put it on a wooden base. I poured some resin around the temple to give the pond a little more depth.

This was a nice break from other projects, and I like the way it turned out.

temple1.jpg

temple2.jpg

temple3.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Phil

Phil

That is EXTREMELY EXQUISITE..

The "gold " walls are STUNNING .What did you use...

It is very Professionally finished and the details are JUST SUPERB...

Love the pond ..and the display is excellent...

HOLMES :worship::worship::worship::worship:

The history of Golden Pavilion is rather unique. It hosted many "Vegas Style" Parties.

One game included drinking various types of tea and then trying to guess where it came from. If you got it wrong then you had to drink a cup of sake.

Can you put up a screen shot of the box it came in so I can see if I can find it online!! THANKS!!!

Edited by shinai
The history of Golden Pavilion is rather unique. It hosted many "Vegas Style" Parties.

One game included drinking various types of tea and then trying to guess where it came from. If you got it wrong then you had to drink a cup of sake.

Can you put up a screen shot of the box it came in so I can see if I can find it online!! THANKS!!!

Hobby Link Japan provide a range of Japanese castle kits to choose from.

Vince

Hey-

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

Grant, there were quite a lot of people there when we were there. But this was in December, so it was a little cold. I imagine it gets much worse in warmer weather!

Holmes, the kit included plated parts for the upper floors, but they were silver-colored with just a hint of gold, which didn't match the photos we took. So I lightly sprayed over it with Metalizer brass, which was a much closer match.

shinai, it looked like a pretty old kit. I had my son look at the box (it all was in Japanese) to see if there was a date on it anywhere, but he couldn't find one. I'll post a photo of the box.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey-

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments.

Grant, there were quite a lot of people there when we were there. But this was in December, so it was a little cold. I imagine it gets much worse in warmer weather!

Holmes, the kit included plated parts for the upper floors, but they were silver-colored with just a hint of gold, which didn't match the photos we took. So I lightly sprayed over it with Metalizer brass, which was a much closer match.

shinai, it looked like a pretty old kit. I had my son look at the box (it all was in Japanese) to see if there was a date on it anywhere, but he couldn't find one. I'll post a photo of the box.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil

Thank you for the explanation.... :lol: