Derek Derks' Neptune

Very nice! A great job on an ancient kit - quite inspirational.

I have both the RoG offering with Dutch markings in the stash, as well as a special limited Dutch release (details here) with a DutchDecal sheet and a resin gun nose for those New Guinea conflict Derek described - one even had an air to air kill!

Cheers,

Andre

Edited by Andre

First of all.. very nice build :cheers:

Very nice! A great job on an ancient kit - quite inspirational.

I have both the RoG offering with Dutch markings in the stash, as well as a special limited Dutch release (details here) with a DutchDecal sheet and a resin gun nose for those New Guinea conflict Derek described - one even had an air to air kill!

Cheers,

Andre

interesting conversion set... is there any still around to buy?

Anyway, I've been searching local source about the kill.. yet found nothing. (Well, i guess each side of the coins have different version of stories ;) ). But, I did found several stories about "almost" intercept by AURI Migs during the conflict...

Cheers,

Mario

interesting conversion set... is there any still around to buy?

I'd be surprised it there were - when it was released a few years ago these boxings seem to have flown off the shelve of the Aviation Megastore which, I believe, had them exclusively.

Anyway, I've been searching local source about the kill.. yet found nothing. (Well, i guess each side of the coins have different version of stories :blink: ).

Of course, much was classified during the period. But the TNI Dakota kill by a Biak-based Neptune seems to be quite solid.

But, I did found several stories about "almost" intercept by AURI Migs during the conflict...

These were MiG-17 day fighters in those days, right..?

I've heard similar stories about the F-51D's which the Indonesians still fielded. Shades of WWII..!

Cheers,

Andre

These were MiG-17 day fighters in those days, right..?

I've heard similar stories about the F-51D's which the Indonesians still fielded. Shades of WWII..!

Cheers,

Andre

yep... and Tu-16, Mig-21, Il-28 too

in fact, P-51 was still well used until the 70's

Mario,

I've just did some searching, and there is a CzechmasterNepfighter nose conversion seperately available - htis may be identical to the resin in the special edition issue.

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks, Andre...

now, I have to find who still sell it :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mario

yep... and Tu-16, Mig-21, Il-28 too

in fact, P-51 was still well used until the 70's

Nice. I still have some old Superscale decals for a TNI P-51D, complete with sharkmouth... it should make a nice companion to my Neptune!

Thanks, Andre...

now, I have to find who still sell it ;)

Happy hunting!

Cheers,

Andre