Virgin Blue 737-800

Hi Guys,

Getting back into modelling again after a hiatus(usual stuff, long term relationship breakup, lots of partying, etc, etc.). I have been buying kits and supplies for the last 3 years, but haven't built at all. Hopefully that is now changing....

I have just broken out a Revell 737-800 kit to make as a Virgin Blue plane that we see regularly in the Australian skies. My first questions are

(1) The Blended Winglets - Does anyone have any drawings of them so I can modify the kit ones to suit? I am aware they are different and can see the differences to the kit.

(2) The engines - What exactly is wrong with the kit engines and are they fixable?

(3) That Lump on the Spine - What exactly is that?

(4) The Shade of Red - What is a good red to use on it?

Hope all are well, and am enjoying looking at everyone's work.

Cheers

Nenad

G'day Nenad,

Sorry to hear about the family issues. Hope you are ok now?

As for the Virgin Blue 737. You can look at my build on here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....rgin++blue++737

For your questions:

1. There are drawings around. Can't ind them now but someone here will help.

2. The engines are for -400/-500 and have a squashed lower lip. -700/-800 have a more rounded cowling.

3. The lump is for the Foxtel TV satellite. I believe it is being phased out. I have a spare lump if you require one?

4. Answered in my link above. Testors guard red from memory.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I remember this build a few years ago. Excellent stuff.

Hopefully I can do as good a job with mine.

Been through quite a lot over the last 3 years, but all is good now. Very happy with life. What about you mate. Hows life been treating you? BTW I am on FB if you want to look me up.

I'll tackle the winglets myself as soon as I get a drawing off someone(plueezzee!!!!!)

Are those InFormation engines available anymore? If so is there an equivalent(sorry for my q's. I am out of the loop)?

If you don't need the spare lump anymore, I'dbe happy to take it. Let me know how much you want for it and I'll transfer it.

Is the Guards Red available in a lacquer? I am hopeless when painting with bodies Enamels and prefer Lacquers.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Nens

G'day Nenad,

Life is good mate. No complaints other than the weather in Melbourne!

I've had a quick look for the winglet pic. No luck. Although Contrails sells them.

InFormation is now Contrails:

http://www.contrailsmodels.com/index2.html

Free of charge for the lump mate. Send me your address by PM and I'll send away.

The guards red I used was the testors spray bomb. So it may have been an enamel lacquer (confusing all these spray cans from different makers). It went down ok but is a bit trickier than the Tamiya spray packs.

Cheers

Tony

Hey Tony,

Thanks for this. I'll check out Contrails and I'll indulge in their goodies.

Can you still get the PE & the corroguard decals from anywhere?

How did you do the tarmac for your display base?

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

Nens