This one's especially aimed at you, Karl. :D

I was just pawing through one of my junk drawers and discovered I have a set of decals for "Chow Hound" in 1/72. I know these markings have always been included in the Monogram 1/48 kit, but are they actually correct for an early G with unstaggered waist guns? I'm toying with using them on the new Revell kit.

Steve

This one's especially aimed at you, Karl. :thumbsup:

I was just pawing through one of my junk drawers and discovered I have a set of decals for "Chow Hound" in 1/72. I know these markings have always been included in the Monogram 1/48 kit, but are they actually correct for an early G with unstaggered waist guns? I'm toying with using them on the new Revell kit.

Steve

Chow Hound was 42-31367 so a Block B-17G-15-BO, with unstaggered waist positions fitted with the 3-pane type of enclosure.

Staggered waist positions came in later, around Block G-50-BO IIRC.

Hope that's of use,

PB

IIRC Same as "Mason and Dixon" and "Wallaroo Mark II", unstaggered with the 3-pane enclosure... but, you know... PB beat me to it... hahahaha... Man, you know your stuff.

Cheers,

Mark.

I missed this being aimed at me! Fortunately, I ducked...

There is a nice in flight photo of Chow Hound on page 28 of B-17 in Action (No 12):

ChowHound.jpg

The three pane waist window show up quite well.

See ya next Saturday?