Had a Chance to Meet a great ARCer Today

ALF18... Dan is now considered a close friend. Sometimes when in the Biz you just meet people who are natural ambassadors of the hobby, he is a teacher so much info to share and I am lucky to have met a fine gentleman. Just ask him about his ARC day.....

I hope to meet again where we have more time to talk.

Dan send me your addy via email and the kit we discussed will be on it's way.

:cheers:

Emil

Geez...

Don't pile on too many compliments guys. He is, well was, a fighter pilot, you know. If we keep complimenting him like this, he'll never get his head through the door. :lol:

All kidding aside, ALF is one straight up guy and it is a privilege to call him a friend. :thumbsup:

Mike

:thumbsup:

What can I say... it takes two to tango!

It's been great to meet some really nice guys through this site. As I said to Emil yesterday - I had an ARC day!

First flight in the morning, Denis was on my flight Bagotville-Montreal. We work on the same base, and he was going to Winnipeg for the week. He blew me away by describing how he was bringing a 1/72 cockpit in a crazy glue bottle to work on while at the hotel this week...

Then got a chance to meet Emil in YYZ - the wait between flights just 'flew' by. The feeling's mutual - thoroughly enjoyable conversation.

I was supposed to meet up with Mark in Moose Jaw last night, but my flight was delayed into Regina (not your fault, Emil!). So right after my course today, I stopped by and saw a bunch of his models at his home. Amazing how many kits he had on the go at once - and all very well done!

And Jael (Neo) - I owe you a beer next time you're in Chicoutimi...

But all of you had better listen to Mike. Not because he's the oldest one of the bunch, but he is definitely wise. Stroke a retired fighter pilot's ego too much, and his head won't fit through the door!!!

Thanks guys - I'm humbled and pleased. Looking forward to more meetings, whenever they may come about.

ALF

Canada......just like the film at EPCOT........

well, without all the Martin Short craziness.....unless you count Phantom as one....or Hayes...or Elmo.....

think Don is the only sane one in the bunch...and that aint saying much!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

-Jim

Hey, I have worked with the criminally insane and other challenged criminals for 21 years. Have to have had a little exposure by now!!!

As for Don NOT being the crazy one?......... ;)

Dang Alf. You should have extended the trip just a bit further out to Central Alberta. I'd have invited you to hockey, then taken you out for lunch!! :rolleyes:

Some day our paths will cross.

Dang Alf. You should have extended the trip just a bit further out to Central Alberta. I'd have invited you to hockey, then taken you out for lunch!! :worship:

Some day our paths will cross.

Tilt

One day, buddy! The kids are after me to visit with their cousins in Edmonton sometime soon... and I want to go see the dinos in Southern Alta, plus a drive through Banff/Jasper.

The only question is when?

ALF

Anytime you're in Winnipeg, you've got a place to stay!

Thanks dude!

Something keeps dragging me out West. I just have to figure out how to make it happen when it's not -35C with the wind chill!

ALF

Thanks dude!

Something keeps dragging me out West. I just have to figure out how to make it happen when it's not -35C with the wind chill!

ALF

July 25th....... Just a guess. :)

July 25th....... Just a guess. :D

Very close. The farmer's almanac says July 23rd will be warmer than 24 C this year - then it's back to pre-winter!

ALF

Tilt

One day, buddy! The kids are after me to visit with their cousins in Edmonton sometime soon... and I want to go see the dinos in Southern Alta, plus a drive through Banff/Jasper.

The only question is when?

ALF

Well, let me know if/when you roll thru. Most people think Red Deer is just 'gasoline alley', but we're much more than that. :jaw-dropping: