I have ordered some kits and I got an email from the seller saying that it was shipped via Royal Mail (air mail 3-5 business days) on February 8th.

Is it normal to take this long (still waiting) for mail to get to the US from them ?

Are there some delays going on across the pond that I don't know about ?

I suppose it may be held up in customs.

Still waiting.....

- Matt

wow, and I was getting worried about my package that got sent from Hannants on Feb 14th via airmail. I hope they aren't lost ?

... still waiting X2

Edited by Benner

Nothing wrong with royal mail - its US customs - I ordered some nasal snuff from some folks in London at the end of December, and it didn't show till the first week of Feb. From what I hear, the service varies in delivery time no thanks to whenever customs decides to get it on its way. so from what I've heard, what used to take about a week or two now takes between 4 and 6.....

My sweetie lives in Manchester, and packages usually take between 7-10 days either way. That being said, I ordered some items from Man City FC before Thanksgiving, and it was well into January before I received them. Commercial items may take longer, but honestly, that's the first time it's taken more than 10 days for anything to arrive.

US Customs is also taking a little longer due to the higher scrutiny they are paying to packages in the wake of that printer cartridge bombing attempt late last year (which also resulted in no packages weighing over 1 pound being shipped on passenger airliners and instead having to come via dedicated cargo planes). I have two items coming back that I hope to get before the first of April (one of them is a model I want to take to a show that weekend). But I realize it might be a bit of a wait.

Edited by Jay Chladek

We shipped a Monogram F-20 Tigershark via our normal route - airmail - on Jan 16th from the UK to Warner Robbins, GA and it got there last weekend!

I heard US Customs are x-raying ALL packages on the way into the country.

Bit of a bummer having to wait so long I guess but if that's what security decrees then so-be-it!

Sorry to loadsmasher101 by the way - Hope you enjoy the (now well-radiated) Tigershark.

Gaz

US Customs is also taking a little longer due to the higher scrutiny they are paying to packages in the wake of that printer cartridge bombing attempt late last year (which also resulted in no packages weighing over 1 pound being shipped on passenger airliners and instead having to come via dedicated cargo planes). I have two items coming back that I hope to get before the first of April (one of them is a model I want to take to a show that weekend). But I realize it might be a bit of a wait.

Man I hope the online model companies don't get into the business of selling printer cartridges then.....

I ordered some kits around the same time from Aviation Megastore and they were delivered in about a week. Lucky Model : about 2 weeks. Seems that only the stuff coming via. Royal Mail is sloooow (or my dumb luck).

- Matt

Ordered a decal sheet at Hiroboy.com on January 8th, still no sight of 'em! I don't really care who's fault it is, Royal Mail or U.S. Customs, it's ME who's 30 bucks short and no decals. :thumbsup:

I don't think you could blame Royal Mail, I often get packages from the UK to New Zealand in 5 days from receipt of email to say they're on their way, pretty good I reckon.

Steve.

... well, my package for me is bound for Canada, I hope Canadian customs doesn't take as long as US?

Not at all. I ordered a package from Hannants and Sprue brothers on the exact same day..and the Hannants package beat it hear 1 day before Sprue Brothers...and Sprue Brothres have some of the fastest shipping times I know of.

Sean

Ordered a decal sheet at Hiroboy.com on January 8th, still no sight of 'em! I don't really care who's fault it is, Royal Mail or U.S. Customs, it's ME who's 30 bucks short and no decals. :thumbsup:

Can't you dispute the charge with you cc company?

Not at all. I ordered a package from Hannants and Sprue brothers on the exact same day..and the Hannants package beat it hear 1 day before Sprue Brothers...and Sprue Brothres have some of the fastest shipping times I know of.

Sean

uh oh, maybe I should be worrying.