I am in with the Kinetic F-16I. I have always liked the brute ugliness of the F-16 with the dorsal spine and especially the CFTs, so this will give me an opportunity to do one. The goal being a three foot build to pay my respects.

I have the Afterburner decals 22FS sheet with it's DJ decal option, and the idea of doing a Have Glass build with a souped up F-16 sounds like fun. I not going to add too much to the build, just a Shawn Hull Sniper pod and maybe some weapons. I have some Wolfpack JSOWs that I've been wanting to use for a while, and I am thinking about making some EGBU-12s and maybe getting some Shawn Hull WCMDs, so we'll see.

No pics yet. Hope to start soon.

mason

Edited by doupnik

Cool beans! Can't wait to see some progress on it! I hope to get to mine again in a few days. we were at the inlaws' this weekend, and now I'm sick with a fever and a cough. Probably not the best for me to be around chemicals and such right now.

Aaron

Thanks for the comments guys.

Been working on the project as much as work allows. I went out of order and put the CFTs and spine on before the fuselage is together. Probably an ill advised attempt to get the ugly going early. There is a slight bit of softness and slight warping to the fuselage, so the spine probably helps.

IMG_9031.jpg

IMG_9032.jpg

Doing the same with the bottom half, though the intake isn't glued yet. There is a lot of flexing to this piece, so the intake will definitely get glued in soon. Sorry for the out of focus pic.

IMG_9035.jpg

I made a wine bottle foil intake cover, part of the fun build thing, don't want to mess with those intakes too much. I didn't take pics, but it is looking OK so far.

mason

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments! :wacko: I haven't worked on this one as much as I would like, but the fuselage is together and I am almost to the cleanup before painting stage. :banana:

IMG_9333.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

I've been trying to figure out what to hang on this one. I am thinking about putting some things on that current USAF F-16s don't carry, I have some Wolfpack JSOWs, but I am looking for more things. I was looking for Skunkworks NATO weapons set, but they are sold out almost everywhere, but the Israeli set is available, so maybe GBU-15s and AGM-142s would work...

mason

Thanks for the comments! :wacko: I haven't worked on this one as much as I would like, but the fuselage is together and I am almost to the cleanup before painting stage. :banana:

I've been trying to figure out what to hang on this one. I am thinking about putting some things on that current USAF F-16s don't carry, I have some Wolfpack JSOWs, but I am looking for more things. I was looking for Skunkworks NATO weapons set, but they are sold out almost everywhere, but the Israeli set is available, so maybe GBU-15s and AGM-142s would work...

mason

Coming along bud :thumbsup:

Do not feel bad about not having time to work on it, I have not been-able to even get to a project yet :bandhead2:.

I am sure you will surprise us with the weapons load :)