Headsets in an aviation flight sim classroom

I have 20 flight stations set up in my classroom. Each computer has its own set of mini speakers, so there is alot of interference when my students are on the sims.

I want to put them all on headsets, but I want to be able to speak to them all at once. I also would like to have them to be able to speak to me. I need to do this while having the ability to move around the classroom looking over their shoulders.

Any ideas?

Not sure what flight sim program you're using but some of them have an audio function built in for tower communications. Maybe it's possible to tap into that feed and use a head set mic. You may also want to check with some of the Aerobatic Demonstration Flight Sim teams. I believe they use head sets with their programs to talk plane to plane. Maybe find one of their sites and ask them how they accomplish that. Of course it would probably get pretty chatty if you didn't have indidual channels...I'm sure there's some way to accomplish what you want though.

Good luck,

Bill

You'd probably have to use the same sort of gaming setup used by those online gaming sites which allow participants to talk with each other or some software that links your classroom computers. For you to freely move about the classroom, a bluetooth setup from your master controller pc.

Team speak is pretty awesome stuff, I like its ability to set up priority speaker and channel commander.

Whisper feature is pretty cool also, If one wanted only a certain person to hear them, they can put that person on whisper.

O yeah, I use a typical headset with a mic that I separately clip on. I do not like using speakers since it gives to much feedback with others.

Edited by Wayne S