For those of you who live in warmer climes than the Saguenay Valley... a little shot from yesterday to cheer you up. We still have piles of snow here, so even if you're depressed looking outside at the dirt and grime left over from winter, be happy you are several weeks ahead of us in Spring's arrival...

P1100081.jpg

I've done most of the touchups to the paint, and will be ready for decalling today. Looking at the ref pics, I saw that Pinocchio has a red nose...

P1100084.jpg

P1100085.jpg

ALF

Barney

Great version! The cowlings have changed from the version you did (60s era?) to the ref pics I used for most of my inspiration. In the pics of yours, I can almost imagine little cartoon Dick Tracys walking around with cigarettes dangling from their mouths, driving old Fords.

I'll get to the decals tomorrow... too many things on the 'honey-do' list today!

ALF

And the final pics.

P1100104.jpg

P1100106.jpg

P1100108.jpg

Meanwhile, Max the dog is busy getting ready for the Stanley Cup playoffs... He plays hockey regularly by shooting his little ball around, using a rubber bone as a stick.

P1100089.jpg

ALF

Dan,

Really cool build, I like the look you have achieved with the NMF foil.

Looking at using the technique myself.

Looks like these Canadian Pets are all sports fans...... I think Arrow (our cat) is more a Baseball fan as he fetches his ball and brings it back to us. Started with beer caps.

:D

Emil

Great job! The metal finish looks really nice in the sunlight.

Gotta agree with that - thanks for the comment!

Dan,

Really cool build, I like the look you have achieved with the NMF foil.

Looking at using the technique myself.

Looks like these Canadian Pets are all sports fans...... I think Arrow (our cat) is more a Baseball fan as he fetches his ball and brings it back to us. Started with beer caps.

:D

Emil

Thanks Emil!

I hate to be the one to tell you this, my friend - but I can't let a good buddy like you continue in such a shameful situation. Arrow, sadly, seems to be "species-challenged"... he's acting a bit too much like a dog. Maybe he's been into the catnip a little too often? Or not enough? Looks like you're in for months of expensive therapy.

Me likes the way it turned out! :woot.gif:

Thanks Shawn! Somewhere in the process, especially when the decals are added, it starts to look somewhat like the intended subject. 1/72 is still not my favourite scale, but this one is better than most of my efforts in this scale.

Most striking looking model!

Barney

Thanks Barney, and thanks for the hints and tips along the way.

very nice ALF!

Thanks Ken!

Very nicely done, brother. You are becoming very adept at the aluminum foiling thing. Very realistic. I still haven't had the nerve to try it. One of these days...

And has Max learned, "Olay...Olay Olay Olay....." yet?!

Mike

Very nicely done, brother. You are becoming very adept at the aluminum foiling thing. Very realistic. I still haven't had the nerve to try it. One of these days...

And has Max learned, "Olay...Olay Olay Olay....." yet?!

Mike

Thanks, mon ami.

Foiling... you never know until you try it. Maybe you can start out small, like doing just the area around the exhaust on an F-4, or some other small portion?

Unfortunately, Max has not converted his incessant "bark bark bark" into Olé yet... which is one reason why the Habs may not win it all this year - again. Superstition is now rampant. Team Canada almost lost a game in the last Olympics when my daughter passed between me and the TV, thereby blocking Luongo's view of the puck for a moment!

A:F

Thanks Emil!

I hate to be the one to tell you this, my friend - but I can't let a good buddy like you continue in such a shameful situation. Arrow, sadly, seems to be "species-challenged"... he's acting a bit too much like a dog. Maybe he's been into the catnip a little too often? Or not enough? Looks like you're in for months of expensive therapy.

Funny thing this cat could never get a proper meow out if he tried..... he sure can hiss. If he could bark I`d have thought he was a dog.... a pug or something. But there is one big flaw...he`s a mamas boy so nothing I can do will change this animal.

As for fetching he started when he was a kitten and brings the ball back and drops it at our feet.

But there is one big flaw...he`s a mamas boy so nothing I can do will change this animal.

Uh oh...

I had to throw out a pair of shoes once after a cat (who clearly hated me, yet loved his mistress) decided to show his dissatisfaction with me by peeing in my shoes during the night! He hissed at me, arched his back - and rubbed up along her leg with his tail in the air seconds later.

Be afraid, my friend - and keep your shoes locked up!

ALF

Uh oh...

I had to throw out a pair of shoes once after a cat (who clearly hated me, yet loved his mistress) decided to show his dissatisfaction with me by peeing in my shoes during the night! He hissed at me, arched his back - and rubbed up along her leg with his tail in the air seconds later.

Be afraid, my friend - and keep your shoes locked up!

ALF

:P

Nothing like that.... we got him as a kitten and he learned early not to mess with me. It's just that where ever Char is this boy is just beside her sleeps next to her, he has learned quite quickly to move if he is on my side of the bed as I'm sure there have been a couple of boots to the head while I've been sleeping. I play rough with him and the other cat, so I've had my fair share of bites and scratches but nothing I didn't deserve. Very clean cat and keeps his distance, but when it comes to fetching....... he loves to play ball. yeah he is definite species challenged cat and I'm sure he'd bark if he could. oh did I mention he's pure black? And I can't see worth Sh..... in the dark.

The only thing he does do is drop his toy balls in my shoes...... The other cat will come to my work bench and curl up on the chair next to me while I build...... he just comes down checks out whats going on and leaves. never had anything go missing because of tweedle dee and dumb.

Now I can relate too your experience..... my ex's cats those where nasty little buggers.....but a boot to the head solved their problem. :woot.gif:

Emil

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

Very well done. I love how this has turned out for you!

Denis

Thanks Denis!

Hope life is treating you well - making progress on your own projects, I hope?

ALF

Thanks Denis!

Hope life is treating you well - making progress on your own projects, I hope?

ALF

Hi Dan,

Yup, you can see my current project here:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=225788

I just updated the thread today. All I have left is the flat coat and hope to get that done in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Denis