• 2 weeks later...

I bought the F-14D at Hannants on the 31st of December, 2009, right before visiting the RAF Museum (what a way to end the year). I guess I can wait a little longer to actually build it :D

Ricardo

Any updates Chris looking forward to seeing these first hand!
I wish I had some updates but the MiG-29 and other sets are still going strong, I'm still working with Alexander on the OH-58 updates and I'm trying to fill orders on the A-7 waiting list so that I can put it back up on the website.

Hard to believe that only three months ago I was considering the Walmart option... :wacko:

:cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You are going to sell a ton of these F-14 intakes when they are done. Although the kit has some other inaccuracies, the intakes are the main, glaring one. Most folks who can afford to pony up for this kit are going to go for the intake correction set as well.

• 1 month later...

I for one am waiting the release of these. When they do come out is when I'll go buy Trump A model Cat...

Jim

Yep, exactly the same for me. I'll get the intakes before I even get the kit.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really exciting...... I just ordered one of the A model retooled kits from Trumpeter....... I wonder if they fixed any of those issues..... Im itching to build an IRAF alleycat... hopefully zactos amazing resin set will be ready in time for our F-14 Group build in May....

This is really exciting...... I just ordered one of the A model retooled kits from Trumpeter....... I wonder if they fixed any of those issues..... Im itching to build an IRAF alleycat... hopefully zactos amazing resin set will be ready in time for our F-14 Group build in May....

Wait...what? What Group build?

Don

Just to re-assure everybody, this is back on the workbench and being (slowly) worked on as I finish up the OH-58D set.

As for getting it done near the beginning of a May group-build, I doubt it. There's still quite a bit of work involved in finishing the patterns.

:cheers:

Hadn't heard they did any retooling of the Trumpeter F-14 kits. Where did you hear this?

To my knowledge there has been no retooling of the Trumpeter F-14 kits.This is from my contacts within China and Trumpeter.Tamiya is the only one that retooled its big cat and jacked up the price of a thirty year old kit:)

There is no retooling..... it was a bad rumor... that was really disappointing.... Anyway.... I already got the resin cockpit for the Trumpeter F-14A..... So I will use it.... I keep going back and forth on Trumpeter vs Tamiya.... but it seems like the Trumpy stuff is better reviewed.... Does anyone know if the nozzles for the Tamiya A model will fit the Trumpeter A model.??? Since Im doing the IRAF version Im limited to the A model nozzles....

No sweat on the stuff not being ready zactoman,,,,, I'm sure I will have no problem doing another Tomcat build once your correction comes out..... There is so much aftermarket stuff for the Tomcat.... except for ordinance..... so frustrating... and Im so spoiled after using zactomans missles... that EVERYONE else falls short now...

• 2 months later...