Your intakes look fantastic! You make the rest of the kit look second class. I have you A-7E set which is superb, but these intakes are even better.I would buy two sets of them. Perhaps you could later work on an early Bu beaver tail for the F-14A? I only wish we could do something about the horrible fit of the front fuselage panels.

Can't wait until they are ready.

Edited by Yuri61

Trumpeter shoud pay YOU royalties since you have now got me fired up to go out and get a D. Of course that also means Aires cockpit/Can and wells, G Factor gear eduard PE, and a Master pitot tube.

Jim

actually the Trumpeter gear for this one are very nice..... but its about time Aires finally does the wheel wells...

When they are ready for production are they going to be on your website for sale?

Yes. I'll announce here at ARC when they are ready.

"overkill is underrated"

:thumbsup:

Trumpeter should pay YOU royalties since you have now got me fired up to go out and get a D

:thumbsup:

Perhaps you could later work on an early Bu beaver tail for the F-14A?

Early beaver tail is on the list but there are other projects that will come first.

OK, here's a question. What are the chances those ducts/ramps would be lowered on the cat being launched??

I've only seen pics with the ramps raised for cat launches: http://triggertimeforum.yuku.com/topic/9911/Navy-Carrier-Big-E-on-final-voyage

Masa Narita has his raised: http://www.naritafamily.com/Scalemodel/airplanes/F14D/photo_gallery.htm

As for the ramps, I was going to provide parts to display them either raised or lowered but have decided to just include the raised ones. Anybody wanting to display them lowered will have to modify my parts.

Raised ramps:

Intake_24_zps32addd34.jpg

Another area that will be cut away and replaced on the kit is the forward portion of the bypass ducts on the top of the fuselage (primered gray part). Trump got this area wrong:

Intake_25_zps988f1bf9.jpg

More soon...

:cheers:

Aaaahh Mr Zactoman, you are driving me nuts! :bandhead2:/>

I have a little soft spot for the Tomcat and I have been sucessfully resisting that Trumpeter kit, reassuring myself that their Skyhawk was all I needed :whistle:/>

Darn it. Seeing this beautiful work and knowing how nice your stuff is from what I already have. I am almost ready to buy a 'D' just so I can buy these!!! How do you do that???

Any chance of Skyhawk bits (like pylons) one day?

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Intake_25_zps988f1bf9.jpg

Chris, I think what you accomplished is just incredible. Those parts we can see on the above pic, I suppose they are magnified at least four times.

I can imagine their actual size. Absolutely amazing! Being so tiny they look so crisp and flawless!

Your craftsmanship is of top notch level!

Bravo my friend! Bravo!

Alexander

:salute:/>